Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2017, 12:52 PM   #21

Garage
Wow - very clean design. Some really clever storage/multi-purposing ideas.

Any idea which 4WD system they are using? Is it simply the factory-Mercedes 4WD, or one of the aftermarket systems? (i.e., Whitefeather?)

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:14 PM   #22

It has some good ideas, but I am still leaning toward SMB to get a custom layout. Still, once they ramp up on these, you will be able to go to the dealer and just buy one without waiting for a year or more. I was hoping the bed would be higher from the floor to allow several bikes to be mounted on the floor using bike tights and not have to remove them from the van at night. The bath is nice, but in that size vehicle, I think the outdoor shower would be adequate. The said it has 3 Group 31 AGM batteries, so that is probably OK. Also has a diesel furnace.
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #23

Garage
Starting at $134,800. And the bed goes all the way to the ceiling. Cool!

https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...revel/overview
Old 09-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #24

FlareSpace pooch out window set up for a little extra room across the rear...
EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #25

The first group of buyers are reporting out the door pricing at $100k, plus taxes. Deliveries in mid November.

Winnebago prices are typically discounted about 20% off MSRP. Sounds like the initial buyers are doing a bit better.
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:16 PM   #26
tlg

Garage
A 25 minute detailed rundown on the Revel. Interesting features. Some good, some not so good.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #27

If IKEA sold a Sprinter this is what I would expect.

-Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #28

It's an interesting vehicle. There's a lot to like about it. But if the grey and fresh water tanks are only protected when the furnace is running that would be an issue. Also, there really isn't any additional cabinet storage for clothing and other items besides what is in the galley unless that's how you choose to use the bath closet. Taking everything out and putting it back in when you wanted to use it as a bath just wouldn't be practical. I love that movable ladder though.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #29

Yes. There is a lot to like about this van, but after plenty of consideration, my wife and I are still heavily leaning towards a custom conversion.

We have a 4x4 144" High top Sprinter on order with expected delivery in Spring 2018 and have already met with SMB-North for an initial design consultation. We were considering on cancelling the order and going with the Revel, but there are a few things that are stopping us.

1. Small bathroom space compared to what we are planning for our custom SMB. Revel is 31 x 26" where ours is planned to be 39 x 24" giving us a bit more legroom or standing room for the shower.

2. Narrow bed. The Revel has a 49 x 79" bed where our bed will be 60 x 70" bed. Neither of us is taller than 5'5" so sleeping width-wise in the van will work for us, but losing nearly a foot of bed width compared to the 60" queen sized bed we are used to could be problematic.

3. Lack of built-in interior cabinet space. We like the huge, flexible garage storage under the bed, but we'd have to live out of totes or build some custom cabinets for use under the bed.

We were enchanted with things like the dual paned windows, the 300 Amp-hours of house batteries, the flexible under bed storage, the positionable ladder, the innovative quick disconnect shower hose and the fact that it uses the Rixen heating system which is exactly what we were looking to use in our custom build. In the end, the three disadvantages I mention are best solved by going with the custom build and we can always borrow some of the concepts from the Revel to use in our build.

It is hard to beat their pricing on the Revel though. I contacted our local RV dealer and they have some Revels arriving soon with selected options such as A/C, upgraded wheel package and upgraded stereo and speaker package. Their MSRP with the options is about $140k and I was told they were expected to sell, out the door, for $115k, maybe a bit less. Our conversion is likely to top $120k and will go higher if we add things like upgraded wheels or extra house batteries to our build.
grinnelljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:00 PM   #30

Nice!

Enjoy driving that >$100k vehicle ONLY in the US, Canada and Alaska.
bongcrosby is offline   Reply With Quote