Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #1

2004 e350 6.0 fuel capacity

I've been searching but can't find a definitive answer to save my life.

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #2

i believe mine is a 26 gallon tank
Old 04-16-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
MSD

Garage
I'm not sure about other 2004 E350 6.0 but mine is 24 gallons (estimated guess). It's a quigley 4x4, it may be different for a Sportsmobile 4x4 or other conversion. Plus if you bought your rig second hand like me, the former owner could have put in a larger tank, which would be a bonus. I wasn't so lucky, it has the original tank currently, but will get a larger one at some point. Probably when I put a heater in…

Wish I could be of more help...
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
I'm not sure about other 2004 E350 6.0 but mine is 24 gallons (estimated guess). It's a quigley 4x4, it may be different for a Sportsmobile 4x4 or other conversion. Plus if you bought your rig second hand like me, the former owner could have put in a larger tank, which would be a bonus. I wasn't so lucky, it has the original tank currently, but will get a larger one at some point. Probably when I put a heater in…

Wish I could be of more help...
When anyone is looking for a larger diesel tank, check with Jake at Aertotanks (So Cal) or John/Ramsey at Agile. You can get upwards of 42 to 49 gallons rated tank to replace the stock one that is modified to clear the transfer case. Diesel only! (Consider adding a pickup for a heater at the same time )

I think Chris at UJOR (East Coast) does one as well.

re: ".. which would be a bonus. " - Yep, like a $2k plus bonus!
Old 04-16-2016, 08:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
When anyone is looking for a larger diesel tank, check with Jake at Aertotanks (So Cal) or John/Ramsey at Agile. You can get upwards of 42 to 49 gallons rated tank to replace the stock one that is modified to clear the transfer case. Diesel only! (Consider adding a pickup for a heater at the same time )

I think Chris at UJOR (East Coast) does one as well.

re: ".. which would be a bonus. " - Yep, like a $2k plus bonus!
Are they only available for 4x4 vans?
Old 04-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #6

Can do 2wd as well, but a 2wd van should be approx. 33 to 35 gals. since there is no mod required.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:28 PM   #7

My Quigley had 23ish as stated which seemed comical. I got a 42 gallon one from Aero and have been happy with it all in all. Alleviates some of that always hunting for the next station anxiety. Pretty nice to be able to leave Eugene and make it to Jackson Hole with only one fill up.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:16 AM   #8

Ok, it is a Quigley, so we're thinking 25 gallons? That actually seems about accurate.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:36 AM   #9

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Stock is 35 gallons for all side mounted tanks, diesel or gasoline.

When we convert, V8 gasoline vans lose 1.5 gallons, all others lose 4.5 gallons because of the longer motor. This is because the transfer case needs to occupy the space where the front of the stock fuel tank is.

Quigley and most other conversion lose an additional 5 to 7 gallons because they add an adapter between the transmission and the transfer case, requiring a shorter tank.

We sell and install Aero Tanks in diesel vans only in California. Non-California gasoline vans could also be legal installed in other states.

The Aero Tanks are rated at 45 gallons but if you have the "Quigley" adapter you will most likely need a shortened version said to be 40 gallons.

That said, I pumped 49.5 gallons into my 45 gallon tank.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile View Post
Stock is 35 gallons for all side mounted tanks, diesel or gasoline.

When we convert, V8 gasoline vans lose 1.5 gallons, all others lose 4.5 gallons because of the longer motor. This is because the transfer case needs to occupy the space where the front of the stock fuel tank is.

Quigley and most other conversion lose an additional 5 to 7 gallons because they add an adapter between the transmission and the transfer case, requiring a shorter tank.

We sell and install Aero Tanks in diesel vans only in California. Non-California gasoline vans could also be legal installed in other states.

The Aero Tanks are rated at 45 gallons but if you have the "Quigley" adapter you will most likely need a shortened version said to be 40 gallons.

That said, I pumped 49.5 gallons into my 45 gallon tank.

Thanks for the explanation , so it sounds like somewhere around 25 gallons is correct