Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-14-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Glider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 523
Garage
Anyone have Black Rocker Panel Pics?

I am giving serious thought to doing Line-X on my rocker panels. The simplest approach would be to go with black. My van is silver. I have mixed feelings about the color...does anyone have any photos of vans with black rocker panels? I'd love to get a sense of what it looks like.
__________________

__________________
The Silver Streak
2006 SMB EB45ish.
5.4L, QuadVan 4x4
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
MountainBikeRoamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: OrangeCounty, CA
Posts: 823
Garage
Ya can't ask for better reference than this.....
(86Scotty's current rig for sale.)

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post213819

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto...328963934.html

__________________

__________________
Mike T
___________________
'95 Ford E250 RB30 PH
MountainBikeRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:27 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Glider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 523
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
Ya can't ask for better reference than this.....
(86Scotty's current rig for sale.)


Well, dang--that's a perfect set of pics! Thank you!!!

I think the black on silver works...what do other folks think?
__________________
The Silver Streak
2006 SMB EB45ish.
5.4L, QuadVan 4x4
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
Well, dang--that's a perfect set of pics! Thank you!!!

I think the black on silver works...what do other folks think?
Yes Black is proven legite,but from what Iíve seen you can have colors added for a little more $$ a dark grey or even some blue that pops? You can take some sheet metal down,have them spray it and hold it up to van first before committing instead of chiseling it off for a month if youíre not happy...
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:01 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 238
Hereís some samples,step up and be different!
Attached Thumbnails
7B182CDE-05C6-4C2C-BA11-BAB0AEFEBFA5.jpeg   842FA960-A219-4F23-B13F-2E760F86F409.jpg   66935E5C-0FDA-4E35-9B52-1A1486104CCB.jpg  
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
gcvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
Well, dang--that's a perfect set of pics! Thank you!!!

I think the black on silver works...what do other folks think?
I've thought about it on my white van. It would hide the rust around the city water connection
__________________
Greg & Francesca
Old van: 1997 E250 EB30 (Stolen)
New van: 2003 E250 EB10
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
MountainBikeRoamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: OrangeCounty, CA
Posts: 823
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Yes Black is proven legite,but from what I’ve seen you can have colors added for a little more $$ a dark grey or even some blue that pops? You can take some sheet metal down,have them spray it and hold it up to van first before committing instead of chiseling it off for a month if you’re not happy...
To that point --- could you not just get a close color-match in Line-X to your current silver?

I do dig the look of the black rockers, but honestly your silver van (as it sits right now) is aesthetically one of my absolute favorites on this forum. The monochromatic silver van body, set off with limited amounts of chrome...and with the singular black color palate limited to only the wheels/flares --- this looks elegant/organized in a sophisticated/understated, somehow OEM fashion.

JMHO!
__________________
Mike T
___________________
'95 Ford E250 RB30 PH
MountainBikeRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Glider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 523
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Yes Black is proven legite,but from what Iíve seen you can have colors added for a little more $$ a dark grey or even some blue that pops? You can take some sheet metal down,have them spray it and hold it up to van first before committing instead of chiseling it off for a month if youíre not happy...
That's a great idea.

Dunno about that Texas star. That might be a bit over the top for a demure girl like me.
__________________
The Silver Streak
2006 SMB EB45ish.
5.4L, QuadVan 4x4
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:26 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Glider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 523
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
To that point --- could you not just get a close color-match in Line-X to your current silver?

I do dig the look of the black rockers, but honestly your silver van (as it sits right now) is aesthetically one of my absolute favorites on this forum. The monochromatic silver van body, set off with limited amounts of chrome...and with the singular black color palate limited to only the wheels/flares --- this looks elegant/organized in a sophisticated/understated, somehow OEM fashion.

JMHO!
Wow...thank you!!!

I really do like how my van looks. That's why I'm struggling with this question. According to the Line-X website, they can mix any color. My local shop has an excellent reputation, and they only do black and a couple of shades of grey. When I asked about a color match, they just said no. I'm not sure why. I think I need to do a bit more research on that.
__________________
The Silver Streak
2006 SMB EB45ish.
5.4L, QuadVan 4x4
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
BrianW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,304
^^ ďI only work in black, and very, very dark gray.Ē Batman, from The LEGO Movie.
__________________

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Sportsmobile Registry

Rex

Tomboy

EB Van

ebflow
Add your Sportsmobile
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.