Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2017, 06:59 PM   #11

What about 2002 3500 Express? Your site just say 03 & up.
Also, how long is the Chevy rack on the SEMA build van?

Thx
Garret

GARhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:40 AM   #12

The rack on the sema van is a little over 12'.
We will be doing a mod to try these on pre 2003 Chevrolet vans. We will keep you poseted.
WTD
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:47 PM   #13

Chevrolet express lift kit

More pics of the parts that go into making these spindles.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #14

I will be buying a new Express next year, 3500 EB. Thinking I am going with the the locking differential instead of 4x4. Dirt roads and highway is all I'm going to do. I want the beast look though.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:47 PM   #15

Chevrolet Express 2500 3" spindle lift

We always love adding pics of the Vans we are building. This is our new Chevrolet Express 3" lift spindle.
Running 265x75x16 tires
Old 03-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldTecDesigns View Post
We will be doing a mod to try these on pre 2003 Chevrolet vans. We will keep you poseted.
WTD
If you need a donor vehicle, I'll be your huckleberry. I have a 2002 3500.

GARret
GARhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARhead View Post
If you need a donor vehicle, I'll be your huckleberry. I have a 2002 3500.

GARret
We are currently building a set for pre 2003 models, so if your ready we have what you need!

It also updates all of your hubs, brakes, to new dual piston brake calipers.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #18

Garage
I just picked my van up from WeldTecDesigns yesterday. I am absolutely amazed at the improvement in ride quality and braking.

I'll give some history on my setup to better explain...

A little over a year ago I purchased a 2" lift kit from Boulder Off Road. At the time, it was the only option available for lifting my 2WD 1998 Express 3500. It did the job and helped me explore Anza Borrego Park a little better. The only problem was that it really messed up the geometry of my front suspension. The ball joints were at extreme angles and everything was generally stressed out. The upper control arm would crash against the frame with minimal suspension droop. I had to be very careful and drive over anything rough at very low speeds, and even then it was a very rough ride. It was just very, very stiff. I had enough of that and decided to talk to Jeremy about what he might be able to do to help me out.

Jeremy talked to me extensively (and patiently!) before and during the whole process. He installed his custom, 3" lift spindles and modified several components to create a much more harmonious situation for all of the suspension pieces. He installed custom rear leafs and had my Fox shocks (already installed) revalved up front. The old brake system was ditched in favor of a modern, two-piston caliper setup that can be found on the newest Express vans. He deleted my sway bar to allow the front suspension to articulate much more easily as well. I'm just glossing over all of the changes he made, but I can provide more detail for anyone that is interested.

After all of these changes, the van has been completely transformed. When it was stock, it rode quite smoothly and swallowed small bumps with ease. That feeling has not only been restored, but also magnified immensely! Now I can drive over rough ground and the van just swallows it up. The rear suspension used to kick over harsh bumps. Even when loaded with my MX on the rear hitch hauler, it still rode extremely rough. Now it is amazingly plush in the rear. Speed bumps used to kick the back of the van up and now I can drive over them at any speed I want and the van stays smooth and level. And probably the biggest surprise to me is how much the brakes have been improved! Unbelievable. I used to pretty much have to stand on the pedal to get the van to stop. And when going down a hill with a full load? That was downright scary, even with the brakes performing exactly as they were supposed to (I spent tons of money getting them to be perfect). I wouldn't even let my wife drive the van because I felt that she wouldn't have the strength to stop it (she's only 4'11'' and quite petite). Now, I wouldn't hesitate to let her drive it. It feels like a modern vehicle. Driving home last night, I had to stop for a light that changed at the last second. Before, it would have taken extreme pedal pressure to stop, and even then I would have worried about stopping short of the white line. This time, however, I was able to stop short of the line and I didn't feel like I had to put any more pressure on the pedal than if I were driving a small car - simply amazing! I could have stopped even sooner if I'd wanted to, and without any drama at all. Oh, and the removal of the swaybar had zero effect on the cornering abilities, much to my surprise.

I'm headed to the desert this weekend to do some more testing, and I also plan to take some pictures, but I am so excited about the improvements that I had to do a quick write-up to explain how impressed I am with Jeremy's and WeldTecDesign's work. I highly recommend them!

capn
capnkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #19

Garage
WeldTecDesigns 2WD Chevy Express Lift

Here's a picture that Jeremy took in their lot after he installed some 285 70 17s to test the fit. Very minor rubbing, fixed with a dremel in 5 minutes (It rubbed ever so slightly on the plastic trim pieces on the front bumper. I had already trimmed my rear fender pieces to fit the 265s, and that seemed to be enough for the 285s.

capn
Attached Thumbnails
van with 285s.jpg  
capnkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #20

Looks great!

Jeremy does good work.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chevrolet lift kit, chevrolet van, chevrolete suspension, express 2500/3500