Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2015, 06:38 PM   #1

"classic" light bar bumper (WTD)

This is a step down from the first bumper we built for the E Series vans. This Bumper labeled "CLASSIC" is form and function with the old school look that started it all with the pre runner bumpers. This still has a 2" main tube and also utilizes the same size for the frame mounting horns. The Skid plate is 1/8 with our logo in it although no additional holes for air access with wire mesh backing. A clean simple look for the Ford vans.

WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:01 AM   #2

Re: "classic" light bar bumper (WTD)

Really nice work. Any concern that the bumper will push upward and back into the grill with the slightest little bump to the front bar? Not sure if you are looking for feedback, but I feel like the two main support tubes need either a gusset or a second set of tubes just a few inches above them (space permitting of course).

As far as styles go, I've always really liked these pre-runner style bumpers - must be the desert loving California kid in me.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnapr
Really nice work. Any concern that the bumper will push upward and back into the grill with the slightest little bump to the front bar? Not sure if you are looking for feedback, but I feel like the two main support tubes need either a gusset or a second set of tubes just a few inches above them (space permitting of course).

As far as styles go, I've always really liked these pre-runner style bumpers - must be the desert loving California kid in me.
We are always enjoy feedback especially from customers using our products. This is more of a light bar bumper, It gives your a van a distinctive look while allowing you to add additional lighting.. At the same time it is going to give your front end more overall protection then a stock front bumper does. However if your going to actually use your bumper we recommend going with our "Cali Special" bumper. That bumper has boxed frame horns and heavier skid plate for superior strength and protection.

The California kid needs the "cali special" bumper
As our Van product line grows we are trying to give van owners options that fit into their budget and build.
If there is a specific product you see missing in the van market or you would like to have built let us know. We can also build you a one off product or modify one of ours to fit your specific needs.
Thanks
Old 09-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #4

What's the approximate price for the California Kid bumper?

I'm digging the look of these.

BB
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBlair
What's the approximate price for the California Kid bumper?

I'm digging the look of these.

BB
Cali special is $1250 as pictured above. Mention this forum when ordering and we will give you an additional $100 discount.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #6

I assume they don't, but just to clarify, the braces off the top don't create any shadows or interference with the headlights do they?

Can the winch mount be added to the classic bumper, or just the California?
Petrolburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #7

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolburner
I assume they don't, but just to clarify, the braces off the top don't create any shadows or interference with the headlights do they?

Can the winch mount be added to the classic bumper, or just the California?
The bars do not interfere with the lights. You can do any top with any of the bumpers. No winch mount on the classic.... The main difference is the horns and skid plate.
You can do the California with the classic top and run a winch plate.
You can also add recovery mounts to the California but not recommended with the classic bottom.

It is all customizable for your specific needs.