Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2019, 11:05 AM   #1

discount Ford parts?

I need to order some steering shaft parts from Ford and wonder if y'all have a favorite Ford parts dealer? Looking for any low cost and good service parts houses.

Thanks guys!

happycampingcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #2

Garage
factory motor parts used to be a good place for decent priced oem equipment, but it’s been a while since I’ve ordered from them. looks like they have 2-3 locations there in washington.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #3

Best prices I have found is with these two vendors. 20-40% of 99% of the Ford dealerships. Sometimes you can get hooked up with free shipping:

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/
https://www.sunrisefordparts.com/

With Sunrise I usually find it's best to call.
909-822-8736

If it's motorcraft and not OEM (ie. blue box rather than red box) I'll check here:
https://www.rockauto.com/

Alternator and Ficm related as well as pretty good prices on other ford parts and awesome customer service it's hard to beat Ed. https://www.ficmrepair.com/
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:54 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
When it comes to sourcing Ford OEM-type parts (blue box ) I always advocate at least trying to establish a good relationship with a local dealer. I don't buy a ton of stuff from mine but over time have bought enough stuff they're willing to grant about a 20-25% discount.

Motorcraft I won't buy from RockAuto but do use their catalog to obtain MC part numbers then check eBay along with Amazon. I can also use RockAuto's online catalog to obtain the factory part number and do a similar eBay/Amazon search. So far that's worked out great.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #5

Anyone use Tasca? I can't use RockAuto in Colorado anymore because our tax laws changed. I was looking for replacement brake calipers which aren't a cheap part.

Also I've read plenty of horror stories on fake Motorcraft parts on Amazon. Not sure I trust all their vendors.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #6

I’ve had good luck with AutoNation over the years. Also my local dealer marched their price on a part a few years back, so can’t hurt to ask.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:39 PM   #7

Thanks for the info

Sorry for the delayed thank you! I went out of town and left my laptop with all my passwords at home! This getting old thing stinks!

Thanks again guys! I will look into each suggestion.

Mike
happycampingcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:26 PM   #8

Garage
Just a little follow up since I needed a part. I tried all the links provided for a power steering pump replacement. Autonation was cheaper than factory motor parts by 5 bucks, but factory motor parts has it local to me, will deliver, and will pick up the core once it’s ready. So no brainer on this end.

Finding a non reman pump was a lot harder than I thought it would be and in some cases 3x the price. In fact remans were all that was available at the dealer. Which btw, tried to price match, but could only discount 16 bucks off. So I saved another 8 bucks over the dealer at fmp.

Rockauto had good prices, but the certified ford instructors here at the school, one who also works at oriellys part time said to stay clear of every one of the brands sold at oriellys. Which ruled out all the brand choices at rock auto. He said the return rate on all those brands wasn’t worth whatever warranty they offered. Was strongly advised to get the ford reman. Hth’s
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #9

It might be wishful thinking but....I would think that Ford would hold their aftermarket suppliers to a higher standard to put the reman part in a Motorcraft box even if it's one of the same brand choices at Rock Auto.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote