Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2017, 07:11 PM   #21

Garage
Glad to hear it went well.

I never compared the length of my old push rods to the new ones SMB sent me - curious you found yours to be an inch longer than the original.

Wonder now if they changed at some point...SMB never asked me what length & never mentioned (or cautioned) there may be different sizes. Not going to lose too much sleep over it at this time since my top works as it should.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:45 PM   #22
Gone Traveling

SMB changed their website to reflect there is no more “lifetime warranty”. Mine is 10 months old, and they will not honor the penthouse's lifetime warranty. They have changed it to 5 Years- period.
Honestly, they are a bunch of *ssholes. They screwed us so bad.
They also removed the statement “Leaks? Those are way behind us, a thing of the past, our penthouse tops do not leak.” Convenient... since so many people are complaining about leaks on newer units, including myself.
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #23
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalVirgo View Post
SMB changed their website to reflect there is no more “lifetime warranty”. Mine is 10 months old, and they will not honor the penthouse's lifetime warranty. They have changed it to 5 Years- period.
They also removed the statement “Leaks? Those are way behind us, a thing of the past, our penthouse tops do not leak.” Convenient... since so many people are complaining about leaks on newer units, including myself.

I've only had one leak and they fixed it quickly. I still didn't really care for how they sealed the wiring from the solar through the roof but it has held up since the repair (10Year+). The bottom has yet to leak and I've been in some howling winds pushing rain sideways into the canvas. I was worried that the seams would leak (you can see light through them) but it never has. I've had a few other issues but have always been treated with respect and would say they're one of the best companies I've ever dealt with.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #24
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalVirgo View Post
Only the day after posting this, sportsmobile west sent me a five-year/unlimited mileage transferable warranty. I posted about it in my Welcome thread. So, I still don’t love them and they’re still not on my Christmas list, but at least they did the right thing after a lengthy phone call yesterday. So if somebody wants to buy mine, I will have years left on the pop top warranty. I’m glad the whole ordeal is over, I couldn’t spend another minute arguing with these people. By the way, the latest week they actually asked me not to come in, LOL, I don’t blame them, they just sent me some stuff in the mail and told me to slap it on and it would stop the leaks. Mine were through the stitching and the seams.
Time to take some cross country trips and grind some pavement.
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, malfunction, penthouse top, push arm, stuck open