Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 05:23 PM   #1

Question Factory Grey Bumper Paint Color/Code?

Yo! I have searched high and low on the forums and interwebs, but can't find the color of the factory grey paint that comes on the cargo vans. Mine's a 2004 - back bumper is great, but front is very faded and looks bad. I picked up some plastidip, but don't think I like the mat black look. I'd like to try to color match the satin grey factory of the back bumper. Anyone know a do-it-yourself spray paint type and color that will match the original grey pretty well?

Thanks!

lashito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #2

Take your van to your local auto paint store. They should have rattle cans of bumper paint. The most popular being the SEM brand. Take the cap out to your van to match it. There are a variety of shades depending. Dark and light titanium are the most common. Have fun!
wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #3

I have a mint bumper in my side yard. Where do you live?
DerPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:17 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewaydo View Post
Take your van to your local auto paint store. They should have rattle cans of bumper paint. The most popular being the SEM brand. Take the cap out to your van to match it. There are a variety of shades depending. Dark and light titanium are the most common. Have fun!
If nothing in stock or off-the-shelf available is suitable professional suppliers can/will mix a small amount of a custom-mixed color for not a lot of money, if the final color is important enough to warrant more than $5-6 for a single rattle can. Picking the color can be easy with a color map.

These same shops can place the custom mix into an aerosol can much like the grab it and go types.

OR if you want matching bumpers paint both of them a color that's close enough.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumper, grey, paint, plastidip, repaint