Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #11

Thanks MG gives me some options to think about. But I am guessing those wont be compatible with swivel bases ....

renegadeoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #12

Base-Fab (a spin off of Expovans) makes fixed and swivel seat bases for the sienna seats that bolt directly into the existing mount locations in E series vans. They also sell seats. Jar Williams was super helpful when I was trying to figure this out last December. Web site - http://www.base-fab.com/

Joe
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigriver View Post
Base-Fab (a spin off of Expovans) makes fixed and swivel seat bases for the sienna seats that bolt directly into the existing mount locations in E series vans. They also sell seats. Jar Williams was super helpful when I was trying to figure this out last December. Web site - http://www.base-fab.com/

Joe
Yes Jer and I have been emailing as well, I owe him a response actually re: unwin tracks and mounts for the rear, just put that project on hold for a bit to figure out some other stuff first. Might just do 2 sets of sienna seats with proper mounts etc and see what the damage would be :-)

My only real hesitation is not having sat in the seats are they going to be comfortable to me, my fab shop uses the corbeus on a lot of projects so I have sat in them and know the way they feel .... though I suspect I can recoup most of my cost down the line if I found that to be the case.
renegadeoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
How tall are you Eric? Must be shorter than 5'8". Us taller people cannot stand the short depth of the Transit seat bottom for long trips--ouch!
6'2" I dunno, I just like em. As the old saying goes.....There's a butt for every seat.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
6'2" I dunno, I just like em. As the old saying goes.....There's a butt for every seat.
I thought the saying was something about an a**hole??

PS--well I suppose you could be 6'2" and all torso; short legs ok with the Transit seat bottom!
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote