Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 945
Lift options for 1993 ford SMB

Picking up a 2wd SMB. Its on a 93 ford E150 chassis. I have looked at weldtec and action vans for lift, but is there anything else out there? Not financially prepared to go 4wd yet, just looking for options.
__________________

Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
mikracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 2,224
Camburg is another option, but also the most expensive. If you're going the bent I beam route, I would go with Weldtec. You get a kit that is designed by someone who works on vans and you get the proper valved shocks. Camburgs kit is nice, but you would need to fork out extra money to get better shocks. Even their "upgraded" shocks aren't an upgrade unless you have Agile Offroad re-valve them.

I did the 2wd lift then went with a 4x4 conversion shortly after. If I were to do it again, I would bypass the 2wd lift if you know you will go 4x4 with your current van. I would have saved a bit of money and a lot of time.
__________________

__________________
2005 E350 Chateau - V10 - Agile Offroad 4x4
2012 CTS-V Wagon - For the baby...
mikracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Picking up a 2wd SMB. Its on a 93 ford E150 chassis. I have looked at weldtec and action vans for lift, but is there anything else out there? Not financially prepared to go 4wd yet, just looking for options.
Look at the thread I started 95 SMB project van. I lifted mine enough to fit 32's
Squirrel_murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_murphy View Post
Look at the thread I started 95 SMB project van. I lifted mine enough to fit 32's
I've looked at your thread like 15x. What else did you use besides the moogs in the front? Did you go with new shocks? Rear is just blocks, but what kind of blocks? Just steel pieces?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
I've looked at your thread like 15x. What else did you use besides the moogs in the front? Did you go with new shocks? Rear is just blocks, but what kind of blocks? Just steel pieces?
Moogs in the front and Bilsteins on all 4 corners. Had the rears re arched and added 2 leaves to the driver side and 1 to the passenger side to level it out.
Squirrel_murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:50 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 175
Ford Econoline Baja Grocery Getter 6" suspension lift kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Picking up a 2wd SMB. Its on a 93 ford E150 chassis. I have looked at weldtec and action vans for lift, but is there anything else out there? Not financially prepared to go 4wd yet, just looking for options.
There are lots to consider when planning a 4x4 converison, just make sure you are aware that your probably going to need to change your rear end when doing this conversion. Also your springs are 2.5 wide on a e150 vs a E250 that are 3"
Most want the 8 log with bigger brakes, things to keep in mind when putting 12-18k in an older E150 van 4x4 conversion.

We do have options that are going to start around $800 and for awesome 3440 that will have you thinking I don't need a 4x4 with how nice this drives.

Let us know if we can be of any help for your build.
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldTecDesigns View Post
There are lots to consider when planning a 4x4 converison, just make sure you are aware that your probably going to need to change your rear end when doing this conversion. Also your springs are 2.5 wide on a e150 vs a E250 that are 3"

Most want the 8 log with bigger brakes, things to keep in mind when putting 12-18k in an older E150 van 4x4 conversion.



We do have options that are going to start around $800 and for awesome 3440 that will have you thinking I don't need a 4x4 with how nice this drives.



Let us know if we can be of any help for your build.


Absolutely. I was planning to call you tomorrow. I checked out the leveling kit online which I think would be perfect. Not trying to go full 4x4 yet as it will be mostly driven on the highway and some Baja dirt roads. Online it said your $800 kits were sold out.

How far out do we need to schedule the install and how long does it take?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 945
Here's a pic for reference:



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 945
Here's a pic from after:



I went with the Weldtec Designs 4" lift. Running 16x8 wheels with 265/75/16. Rides absolutely amazing and Jeremy at Weldtec was awesome to deal with. They replaced a bunch of worn out suspension stuff and it drives great. Now we just have to dial the interior.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Here's a pic from after:



I went with the Weldtec Designs 4" lift. Running 16x8 wheels with 265/75/16. Rides absolutely amazing and Jeremy at Weldtec was awesome to deal with. They replaced a bunch of worn out suspension stuff and it drives great. Now we just have to dial the interior.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great job! Amazing transformation.
__________________

Squirrel_murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×