Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2019, 06:59 PM   #11

So I'm headed to Alcan spring in a day or two to order new front springs if you want to see my Agile setup.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:11 AM   #12

Ford van lift, Ocotillo cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
I would suggest you first install whatever front end kit your going to get, that way you get the ride height up front, and then have the rear leafs built to match.
It would be best to do the front and then the back however we also sell different rear springs to help with the ride Quality.
Let me know if I can help with anything else.
https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/1...tillo-cruiser/

Jeremy
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:04 PM   #13

i have the 4" camburg setup, rides great but i wish i went with weldtec, jeremy is a class act. Just do it, you will not regret it
Adventurezoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:23 PM   #14

While everyone is talking suspension and ride-handling here...

I've seen a lot of pleased reviews with Helwig E-350 sway bars.. They're a little expensive ($600 for front & rear)... Anyone here run them and might testify to whether they were a big help or hardly noticeable?

Would the Agile RIP be compatible with Helwig sway bars?
Old 04-05-2019, 12:58 PM   #15

I Did the weldtec 6" complete performance package a few months ago, it drives like a new truck.
lashidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #16

I'd be interested to see how a $4K suspension package from WeldTec compares with a $1,200 package from Agile and Helwig sway bars. (half price..)

If I had to guess, WeldTec probably offers better off-road performance. Really it would be nice to ride in two vans with both setups and figure out what was best, if it was 'better' to the tune of $2000-2500.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:09 PM   #17
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
My Ride sucks - upgrade help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroading_is_Fun View Post
While everyone is talking suspension and ride-handling here...

I've seen a lot of pleased reviews with Helwig E-350 sway bars.. They're a little expensive ($600 for front & rear)... Anyone here run them and might testify to whether they were a big help or hardly noticeable?

Would the Agile RIP be compatible with Helwig sway bars?

Apples and oranges.....
The RIP kit is shocks and front springs-ride improvement with properly damped and valved shocks, improves overall handling. Shocks are primarily to keep the tires in contact with the road. Springs primarily absorb bumps, although the shock helps out with this, especially a properly valved one like the Fox shocks from Agile that address both up/down travel.
Hellwig or any other brand sway bar is there to lessen back/forth sway and to help keep the vehicle level when turning or cornering at speed.
There is the argument, and one that is made by Agile, that with a properly valved shock setup, one should not need sway bars, and they will often limit the suspension being able to have full articulation.
I went with the best of both worlds, RIP kit with disconnects on my front sway bar. No rear sway bar wanted or needed with the Deaver or any proper rear leaf spring pack that gets rid of the original spring pack and large lift blocks. Hope that helps
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #18

Right, my complete performance package removed the sway bar.... but included
4 fox dampers
1 fox steering stabilizer
new springs for the 4 wheels, including long travel leaf springs (no blocks)
new radius arms
new bushings and u bolts for the suspension setup
I also added 1.5' spacers for the rear axle

After all, I can tell the van drives way better in the road and off of it, being able to go faster is a huge plus when being off road with a 2wd, momentum is key.
lashidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Apples and oranges.....
The RIP kit is shocks and front springs-ride improvement with properly damped and valved shocks, improves overall handling. Shocks are primarily to keep the tires in contact with the road. Springs primarily absorb bumps, although the shock helps out with this, especially a properly valved one like the Fox shocks from Agile that address both up/down travel.
Hellwig or any other brand sway bar is there to lessen back/forth sway and to help keep the vehicle level when turning or cornering at speed.
There is the argument, and one that is made by Agile, that with a properly valved shock setup, one should not need sway bars, and they will often limit the suspension being able to have full articulation.
I went with the best of both worlds, RIP kit with disconnects on my front sway bar. No rear sway bar wanted or needed with the Deaver or any proper rear leaf spring pack that gets rid of the original spring pack and large lift blocks. Hope that helps
I've gone back and forth with the idea of sway bars, was thinking of at least getting a front one to help a little with front roll. I've never had any serious suspension wallowing/roll, but I am curious to see if a new front sway bar would help level it out. Not an "Oh my god I need it now", but if it was around for a good deal, scrap yard pull, etc. Maybe I just have to live with the idea that I'm in a 7' tall van with a high center of gravity, it's bound to have some amount of 'roll' in the suspension while cornering.

The other thought is to go down and get weighed, drop the $1K and see how far Agile gets me. My bet is pretty far, compared to stock Quigley suspension designed for carrying a lot of cargo all the time. Stock gets the job done off road, but I can't help but feel that tuned shocks and getting springs from Agile would help.

-Erik
Old 04-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #20
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Yes, I will add if it were me and many here I think would agree, for my money I’d definitely put it into adding the Agile RIP kit first before going and adding or upgrading any sway bars
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote