Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #1

Pueblo Gold question

Can anyone post a "money shot" of the pueblo gold color. I honestly can't figure out what it is closer to: "gold" or "white" or "pale greenish." Also, what interior fabric are owners using: gray or tan?

In fact, for Baja tan owners, has anyone gone with gray interior?

Thanks!

- Rusty

Old 10-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #2

Colors

Don't know about your Pueblo gold question. But we thought of getting a gray interior with our Baja Tan exterior, but SMB talked us out of it. The tan interior works fine, and doesn't show dirt very well. At least Montana dirt.
Dagger Royalex Legend 16 foot canoe (white-water)
Maravia New Wave 13.5 foot raft (fishing and white-water)
Ed in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #3

I think the best way to describe Pueblo Gold is that it is "metallic" tan/gold color. It was the only color available for a 2007 RB diesel when we ordered ours in June, so it is what we ended up with. I have to say I love it and I would probably pick it over any color now regardless of availability. We have the almond colored interior which works really well with it. Here are two pictures of it along with a link to our trip to pick up the van last weekend.

We Meet Our New Sportsmobile
Old 10-31-2007, 06:29 PM   #4

We have the Pueblo Gold SMB and it looks much better in natural light than it does inside SMB's flourescent-lit factory. The paint seems to cast a greenish hue under the flourescant lighting, which looks completely different outside.

Sdwindandsea's pics give a good idea of what to expect. It's a great color; one that blends in well in So CA & the desert terrain. I like that.

-jeff
canyonclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:18 PM   #5

Garage
Take a look at any of my picture posts or trip reports.

Pueblo Gold!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwindansea
We Meet Our New Sportsmobile
Nice photos, and nice dogs! My parents have had the pleasure of a number of Airedales (spelling?) in their lilfe. Their most recent one had a great habit of smiling at everyone she met. It could never be mistaken as a growl, but it was clearly a smile.

Herb
Old 11-01-2007, 08:02 AM   #7

Thanks to all, but ...

1) Thanks to all for your photos of your Pueblo Gold rigs, but am still looking for the "money shot" of the color, which still isn't coming through to me (sorry). Perhaps if there were a photo of a PG rig parked next to a white or Baja Tan SMB (my other top choices), it would help? Boy, if only Tundra weren't shuffled out of the color deck, this exercise wouldn't be necessary.

2) IMHO, SMB should post photos of Ford van color choices on its site, as it does for its Sprinter choices, which is VERY helpful. The Ford site wasn't very helpful as the images are tiny.

3) Jeff, thanks for your site, but don't know where in it are your van shots. Beautiful photography, though!

4) What interior fabric choices are Pueblo Gold van owners using?

5) I apologize for being so obtuse about this. I am not colorblind, but I really can't get a good sense of this color. However, I think I like it.

Thanks again, all!

- Rusty
Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #8

My Jeep Cherokee was a silver color that looked white at times (especially in the moonlight) and I loved it. I couldn't possibly show you on the computer though- I think the Pueblo Gold is probably like that. It's a stock Ford color right? Couldn't you visit a Ford dealer and see it in person?

The best thing I could find was a Line-X color match on a tool box (this is "Ford Pueblo Gold" according to their site. Of course it's Line X not paint...)
Old 11-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #9

Here's a couple unretouched Trucks in PG (all the Ford stuff has been airbrushed to death and the pics are tiny!)

Old 11-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #10

Garage
Dude, if you can't tell yet from all the photos and links we've been providing, youu need to get to a Ford dealer and look for one. Or get eyeglasses!