Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #21

Garage
Glider - As you have seen we will help any and all that call upon us, but our responses will be varied depending on the individuals level of effort before coming to us.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:43 PM   #22

To @SONORANTRUCKSALES - The comments here are not the norm for this forum, but I agree that your original post evidenced very little effort on your part while asking us to basically do a brain dump for you. Example: a few photos and details would help (e.g., which tank? Fuel, propane, fresh water, gray water, black water?). @86Scotty is as helpful as they come, BTW. But as he said, we just get tired of people dropping in and "taking" without "giving."

That said, here's some help: valuations for SMB's are all over the place and aren't easy, as they are custom vehicles. They aren't like Roadtreks, for example, which have just a few standard layouts and builds. Hard tops go for signficantly less than the pop-top versions (sorry, pop-tops are rarer and more desireable). 4x4 obviously commands a premium, but the premium depends on who converted it (Quigley has an OK reputation, but has issues that usually need to be remedied at a cost of $1500 or more). 1998+ vans are usually more preferred to the older ones due to model year changes. Add ons like aftermarket offroad bumpers (aka Aluminess) and nicer tires/wheels will drive up the price.

7.3 diesels are worth more than regular V8s, etc. (Looks like yours is a V10...)

I bet you already have people from here PM'ing you to get info about buying it, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Glider - As you have seen we will help any and all that call upon us, but our responses will be varied depending on the individuals level of effort before coming to us.
I agree with this statement. No photos, no further info, and not even a very detailed post. I believe if the original post had evidenced even a modicum of time spent composing the post, much less researching, he/she would have gotten plenty of help.

For example, size of which tank? Fuel, propane, fresh water, gray water, black water?

Another example: 30+ minutes spent researching didn't turn up the difference between an EB and RB designation? Really? The #1 hits when searching "Sportsmobile EB vs RB" are to this forum (here's a freebie: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...-eb-19193.html and http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...-eb-11311.html).
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #23

By the way, here's the link to the van sale page. Sounds like a nice van. V10, 71k miles, etc. "Under $50k"

https://www.sonorantruck.com/vehicle...az-id-22307699
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #24

Jeez. Can't we all just get along There is enough SHIT goin on in the world,no need to bring it here
Beasty Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
By the way, here's the link to the van sale page. Sounds like a nice van. V10, 71k miles, etc. "Under $50k"

https://www.sonorantruck.com/vehicle...az-id-22307699
Sounds like a nice van but not like a nice ad. Just the opposite in fact. Sounds very "phony used car salesman-y" to me. Heavy on banalities like "fires up super strong" but light on details like, oh I don't know, a floor plan??!, he could easily get by calling SMB.

Shame really. He has an enthusiast's van and is discussing it on an enthusiast's forum. If he hung out and read a while he'd get a better feel for his market.

Van fever might make it an easy sell anyway. But I can't help thinking that if he spent a little time here learning his audience, he'd sell it for more, quicker, and with greater satisfaction on both sides.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #26

Trying to obtain a description and value after obtaining the van. Interesting. I hope the previous transaction was fair for both parties. I can understand the difficulty of selling (or even buying) an SMB for someone completely unfamiliar. I've stared at a few "projects" of vehicles in my life that I realized I needed to do a lot of homework before diving into owning, operating or working on. Unless the deal was way, way to good to pass up

I'd say start with contacting Sportsmobile for a possible build sheet. Do a bunch of reading on forum and try out all the equipment in the van. Shoot, the owner of the dealership could just keep it, for the family. Arizona is perfect to explore in a 4x4 van. Keep it and join us, no one has ever been sorry they did. Ever.

-Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:01 PM   #27

Garage
Just going to chime in... I have benefited greatly from the wealth of knowledge from members over the last couple years, and found the enthusiasm (of the members) to help out extremely refreshing. In a way I'm using the Forums "Encyclopedia" free of charge - namely because i do not posses the technical skill set (Automotive mechanics, Electrical, etc) to tackle many of my own issues/projects without assistance.
I understand & respect all the different points of view, and when the occasional bantering & light sarcasm appear, they always appear to be in good spirit...IMO gives this group personality - puts a smile on my face and keeps the interest alive.

Personal observation: Refreshing are all the opinions showcased on this forum along with the invitation to participate

Really enjoyed the links & pics supplied in the different posts!
Old 01-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #28

Garage
Ouch! You did get keelhauled! I would submit your ad belongs in Member Classifieds under Dealer Advertisements.
The advice about contacting SMB for the build sheet is sound. Are you still on speaking terms with the seller, or did this come in on the auction truck?
The no picture ad with a "call for price" line is going to fall flat here. I don't respond to that kind of ad in any case. Start again!
Old 01-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #29

Garage
Thank you, everyone, for expressing your thoughts about handling posts like this. I read the Vampire post, and I absolutely respect the desire several folks expressed not to spend time engaging with vampire posters. I feel the same way.

I do hope that, when vampires show up. we can simply usher them to the door without losing the sense of kindness and respect that is so core to this group. That would make me very happy.

Thanks for thinking about this-
Bianca
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:11 PM   #30

Seriously. Get over the butthurt and post some pics.. we can tell you everything you want to know. And then some.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1997, e350, fixed top, quigley, specs