Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to dave_in_delaware
What's the physical difference between the RB/EB?

I only ask as far as physical dimensions here - I'm not worried about parkability, maneuverability, etc, as that'll be a matter of personal preference and experience. I guess I could consult the Ford specifications online, but this forum is too much fun, and this way, I'm asking actual owners....

The DYO states that between the two, there's 20" of length more inside the EB than the RB. Is that accurate?

Does that mean the EB is 20" longer than the RB on the outside, too?

Is the wheelbase the same?

Is the height the same?

Thanks for any clarifications.

Homebuilt RV Project: Design Phase is 80% Complete! (but on hold until I win the lottery)
Ford E-350 EB w/ Cruiser Top, Flip-down "Gaucho" sofa/bed, custom cabinets, AGM batteries, solar panels, water heater, fresh/gray water tanks, sink, porta-potty....
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #2

If you do want the specs, there is a nice comparison chart over on the Yahoo site in the files section.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/spo ... ers/files/

I don't have a lot of experience with my EB yet, but I have had the tow hitch drag a few times on steep departure angles crawling out of creek beds. Even with that I am quite happy with the maneuverability. Haven't tried parallel parking yet, I just go to the outer fringes of shopping centers and take 2 + spaces. The added length of the EB is worth it for my use.
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #3

In terms of real world difference, consider the 50 with the bed against the rear doors...in the EB there is room for a 5 gallon water jug between the door galley and the bench seat, the counter is longer and there is space for the XL underfloor storage behind the axle.

When I get into an RB 50 I can't put my finger on what is different, but it seems smaller.

And I would think 20" is a lot when you're building your own interior. I'd suggest playing with designs on the DYO game on sportsmobile.com and see the difference between what you can do with the RB and EB.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
Site Team

Garage
Not sure but I think the beds are shorter both top and bottom. Also I think the XL storage is smaller in the RB but again not sure. I am glad I got the EB do to storage and thats also why I bought the 50 model

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #5

At least with the RB/EB-50 layout, the penthouse bed can be made just about any length that you want...