Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #11

Re: Which awning?

F45i on the SMB's is 10 ft. The F35 is 6.5 and 8.

2003 Baja Tan SMB EB DYO 7.3 Diesel

Tread Lightly! Trainer
Pack it in Pack it Out>>>> https://www.trasharoo.com
adventureduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #12

I actually looked into the F35 awning last year when we decided we needed an awning for our SMB. I contacted Fiamma about it and here is the reply from Bob Snyder...

Quote:
The F35 awning will not mount to the F45 brackets. It is a different system. The brackets for the F35 are designed to mount to a luggage rack such as Thule or Yakima on top of the vehicle. The gutter mounting bracket kit won't work with Sportsmobile for the same reason as the F45 bracket (needs pillar between passenger door and side door), this is why Sportsmobile fabricates their own bracket.
Sportsmobile's existing brackets will not work with the F35. The F35 awning operates just as a bag awning. It is manually rolled out and in. The F45 awning is sturdier and uses a crank handle to roll the awning in and out. It is much easier to operate.
The F35 awning is only available in an aluminum anodized finish. The 3.0m (10') F45i comes with a black, white or aluminum anodized finish.
We ended up with the F45i. I will say that I really appreciate how easy & quick it is to open/close the F45i.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #13

Sabbman ,
The Fiamma 45I is available in various lengths according to your needs and is an Italian based company with distributers in Europe as well as their Florida , USA based distributer . They also
have a host of accessories for this model and are well made and inexpensive . I think that we might end up with one of their window/screen rooms for our longer stays at a particular spot .
I would recommend the carrying of a nut driver for snugging up your Well Nut mounting bolt's
as this will prevent some of the problems with stressed and torn sheet metal and snug up religiously during and after any trip , off road or highway driving . If you check my previous post you will find the results of some of my wind tests and the accessories that were utilized to increase the F45i's effectiveness . I am currently working on a set of brackets that will attach easily to our running boards for those situations where we are unable to secure the upright arms vertically . We use ours frequently and Love It .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33

Greggde,

Would you know where to order Fiamma's "Florida Room" (I think that's what they call the screen room).
We were also thinking of ordering one up for the summer. Thanks

Ray

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #15

Ray ,
Contact www.fiamausa.com
I have ordered all of my accessories from them and been pleased with the honesty and the service .
Greggde
Old 03-10-2009, 04:08 AM   #16

Hi again,

Yes I have seen some pics of how the poles fit to the side of some of the SMBs... A good idea

The whole Fiamma range seem to come with different lengths... and have rooms available according to each size.

I noticed that with the rooms the have often two versions dry/wet weather the latter having extra base panels to allow water to flow away from the room...
+ 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero Hirsch
+ 1972 Saab 96 V4 (not running)
+ fixed house (Argh)
saabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #17

Sabbman ,
This is exactly why we have not purchased the additional room yet , we are trying to decide which model will best suit our needs . I have seen several of these rooms and they are very nicely done .
Greggde
Old 03-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggde
Ray ,
Contact http://www.fiamausa.com
I have ordered all of my accessories from them and been pleased with the honesty and the service .
Greggde
Minor correction:
http://www.fiammausa.com/

2008 SMB EB-52, Quadvan 4x4, 6.0 PSD SOLD
2017 Ford Transit T250 148WB mid-roof w/ Quadvan 4x4
bitburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #19

Got a tip on a fiamma f45 awning today, it is quite an old one (don't know how long fiamma have been making them?) what should I look out for if it is used? I will only tell you the price if I find it is worth it not sure yet

Thanks for any tips you can give me about ware on these fiamma awnings

Not quite the same but has anyone tried the Oztent?
+ 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero Hirsch
+ 1972 Saab 96 V4 (not running)
+ fixed house (Argh)
saabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #20

Sabbman ,
I really at this point in time could not tell you what to look for ! Our Awning is just 16 month's
old and has been actuated approximately 25 times . If the Awning that you are looking at is still installed on a vehicle I would see if you could open it and check the Fabric , Springs and all of the Hinge Mechanisms . You might also contact Fiamma and ask for this information .
Greggde