Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2018, 01:47 PM   #1

Garage
Which side mirror for replacement?

I need to replace the broken mechanism, and therefore the entire mirror assembly, on my '07 E-350 passenger side. Current one is just one mirror and an option now is this dual mirror version. Anyone have this one, and is it better that the useful round stick-on mirror used to see wide? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
mirror.jpeg  

Old 10-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #2

I've bought two sets from these guy's great quality, as good as OEM, for a quarter of the price or less, I would avoid what's on Ebay.
https://www.1aauto.com/search?q=mirror+ford+e350
FVShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #3

Usually the lower mirror can be aimed independently from the upper mirror on a unit like this. At least that's how it is on the towing mirrors I installed on my E-Series. I suspect they will be less convex as well as a bit larger than most of those stick-on mirrors.

In my opinion, the net effect is you can aim them toward your blind spots a little better. I've used both and prefer the dual-mirror setup. Others may disagree.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:45 PM   #4

Garage
Great info. I ordered from A1 just now. Thanks for the referral!
Old 10-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Great info. I ordered from A1 just now. Thanks for the referral!
I couldn't believe the quality for the price, I'm sure you'll be happy.
FVShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:09 AM   #6
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I need to replace the broken mechanism, and therefore the entire mirror assembly, on my '07 E-350 passenger side. Current one is just one mirror and an option now is this dual mirror version. Anyone have this one, and is it better that the useful round stick-on mirror used to see wide? Thanks.
'07's had the one piece mirror glass, the one showing in your link is what Ford called "dual element" and IMHO that lower convex piece is completely worthless. I swapped my own '03 E-Series mirrors for the '07 and later design---much more useful. I do use a larger stick-on spot mirror that affords me much better rear vision than the "dual element" types ever did.

Of course all this could be just 100% personal preference too. Many of the aftermarket exterior mirrors are good value at least in the short term---cost savings over brand new OEM parts. I have found a lot of VGC take off OEM mirrors, power mostly for very fair prices. Since I'm in the glass biz anyway if the mirror glass needs replaced I typically pay less than $10 each for the flat pieces, >$20 for the convex.

All just my $0.02 worth mind ya....................
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:58 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
'07's had the one piece mirror glass, the one showing in your link is what Ford called "dual element" and IMHO that lower convex piece is completely worthless. I swapped my own '03 E-Series mirrors for the '07 and later design---much more useful. I do use a larger stick-on spot mirror that affords me much better rear vision than the "dual element" types ever did.

Of course all this could be just 100% personal preference too. Many of the aftermarket exterior mirrors are good value at least in the short term---cost savings over brand new OEM parts. I have found a lot of VGC take off OEM mirrors, power mostly for very fair prices. Since I'm in the glass biz anyway if the mirror glass needs replaced I typically pay less than $10 each for the flat pieces, >$20 for the convex.

All just my $0.02 worth mind ya....................
Well, I'll just have to see how it works out. Order already shipped. Yes, I can always attach my title round convex one.