Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #1

Window sweeper

Hi Guys,

I did a forum search and could not come up with anything. My drivers side interior door window sweeper is dragging on the glass. If I don't peel it back with my fingers as I put the window down it puts significant load on the motor. This can be tough to do at highway speeds. I have searched online and I can't find the part. Has anyone replaced these? Is the dealer my best bet? Honestly I would like to replace all the weatherstripping on all doors while I'm at it. Online it seems I can find it in bit and pieces only. Is there a good online source for these items?

Jim

2006 EB E350 6.0PSD 6" Ujoint Lift

capnjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:48 AM   #2

I use this site to look at parts diagrams. I have never ordered from them though.

Buy 2000 Ford E-350 Econoline Parts | FordParts.com
Old 07-21-2016, 06:34 PM   #3

I'm sure it's out there somewhere new and probably very pricey butt you could probably get one for a $10 or less from the local Pull Apart in nice condition.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:35 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Is this the inside or outside piece running horizontally? Any photos would be helpful.

BTW I'm in the auto/truck glass biz so might be able to offer some advice.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #5

JWA, it's the inside horizontal piece. I ordered a new one from the Ford dealer and will have it mid next week. Not exactly sure how I'll get it out. Looks online like people use a special puller to snag it. I wondered if I could take off the door panel to get at it. I will take a few pics as I go along for everyone to see. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jim

2006 E350 EB 6.0PSD 6" Ujoint lift
capnjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:01 PM   #6
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
The interior trim panel does indeed need to be removed first. After that's done roll the window completely down and with an upholstery lifting tool (Lisle #35400 Lisle Corporation pry straight upwards to remove the piece from the door shell.

The only really complex part---more awkward than anything---is re-installing the interior trim panel so it fits into the groove of that piece and keeping the door lock button in alignment while its slid back into place.

If you're serious about replacing all the door seals the only good quality parts come from the dealer and certainly NOT cheap. Honestly its rare for them to lose effectiveness until 10-15 years old. A bit of 3M's silicone wet-type lubricant #08877 does wonders to keep the seals soft and supple which is important to them doing their job.

HTH---PM me if further info is needed---glad to help if I can!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote