Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Austin
The new trailer design would seem to have to either lose storage volume or ground clearance.

In fact, if the trailer were an off-road trailer, and it were mounted with our tires (35in) and wheels (18in) , there would be almost no storage without losing a considerable amount of either storage or clearnace.

For us though, we are not looking at the tenting options for the Adventure Trailers. If we have to leave someone behind at a basecamp, they would either use one of numerous tents we already have, or use the awning room (6ft by 6ft) available from AT.
The new trailer is some time away from production at this point. But I think you will be surprise to know it will have the same ground clearance as our Chaser and Horizon trailers and close to 68 cubic feet of storage.

trailerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #12
BC

trailerman, is there any used market for Chaser's anywhere? You guys have them or see them occassionally, maybe as people upgrade? Demo units?

signed,
raffle ticket holder who really really wanted the one you guys donated to the Africa fund....and who's ticket I'm sure was the very next one they would have drawn !
BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #13
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Austin
For us though, we are not looking at the tenting options for the Adventure Trailers. If we have to leave someone behind at a basecamp, they would either use one of numerous tents we already have, or use the awning room (6ft by 6ft) available from AT.
Yea I wouldn't need that tent at all but being able to rig off the trailer is nice. I can keep out of rain and enjoy the fire. Usually I use a pit-2-go when boondocking.

Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #14

Re: Adventure Trailers

I got a scream'n deal on an ever-so-slightly used Chaser. A buddy "surprised" his wife with it to tow behind his Land Rover Defender. She "surprised" him by telling him to go buy an RV instead.

Too early to give a good report. However, the customer service at Adventure Trailer has been impressive. Took the trailer there to get a 2nd propane tank added. They swapped out the trailer harness under warrantee without a blink.

Brakes are sticking. Sent an email today (Saturday). Within an hour, the owner called me personally to help.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #15
Site Team

Garage

Those are nice trailers. How about the clearance between the trailer box and the SMB bumper box? Any issues?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #16
Site Team

Of course if you have nothing better to do, you should consider changing the bolt pattern on the trailer axle to match that on your SMB. Unfortunately that would mean new rims for your trailer, but it provides a lot more flexibility if you should need another spare on your SMB (leave the trailer behind and drive out), or allows you to use you SMB spare on the trailer.

Herb
Old 07-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #17

Adventure Trailers

Clearance is good. Full access with the trailer connected.

The good news is I am running basic steel wheels on the SMB. That being said, my wallet is out of breath. So, new wheels will have to wait. In the mean time, I'll keep my fingers crossed that new tires will survive or that my repair kit will do the trick...
Old 09-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #18

AT sent out an email today. They are having an open house on Oct 8th for anyone rolling around Prescott AZ