Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
Cool new rack they have. boywonder - I was reading a thread on Adventure Rider site and one person showed how the new 3 gallon R-Pax cans are seeping fuel through the plastic. His warranty replacements did the same. He is going back to metal. Just thought I would pass that along.
Great I'm running two one gallon roto's in each of my waverunners(extra range),nothing like being a human fireball before jumping off ski and watching it sink

Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
The Ultimate hauler bottle jack would be tough with two receivers....

A buddy of mine has the ultimate and hasn't used it in years.....perhaps an interesting starting point....

..one thing that I haven't mentioned is that I didn't (yet) figure out a clean way to mount the MTB fork mount with the motorcycle on there....and it's not for lack of trying.....about 35 different positions...

I have provisions on the rail to mount the bike fork mount and haul the MTB when the moto is not on there.....I end up doing this frequently when in Moab.

I've also ordered a 2 gal rotopax and mount for this setup, and I'm searching ebay for a cargo net for the box. I was considering a 3 gallon rotopax (blems are $65 on ebay)....but it's too wide to lay flat in the box.

Hijack away....maybe some interesting ideas will come up....
I use one gallon rotos on my skis and for my quads/dirt bikes and they fit in your backpack and you can top off tank as soon as there's room
Old 09-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #13

Just curios if you have a front reciever as an option for bike & hauling firewood etc?
Old 09-21-2017, 07:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Just curios if you have a front reciever as an option for bike & hauling firewood etc?
Yes, been planning on one but it will be a custom weldment as an off-the-shelf units will not work with my leaf spring front end.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:43 PM   #15

Here's a pic of one my buddies fabricated so it was out of the way towing jeep,I know they spent a lot of hours/beers/pizza but I thought it was great and no dragging even in extreme offroad cause it's so high(if it was installed on van not motor home)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9837.jpg  
Old 10-04-2017, 03:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Yes, been planning on one but it will be a custom weldment as an off-the-shelf units will not work with my leaf spring front end.
I put a front receiver on my leaf spring (UJOR) front end.

I used a rear receiver hitch I salvaged from a 1990's Ford, who's cross bar was wider than the inside to inside dimension of my van's frame mounted leaf spring brackets.

I just cut the crossbar to width, and welded it directly to the UJOR brackets. Then through a couple stitch welds between the Ford frame and the UJOR brackets, for good measure. With the hitch now bridging the gap, and tying the frame together.

I was able to ditch the now redundant UJOR 'cross member' frame stiffener.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsBeast View Post
I put a front receiver on my leaf spring (UJOR) front end.

I used a rear receiver hitch I salvaged from a 1990's Ford, who's cross bar was wider than the inside to inside dimension of my van's frame mounted leaf spring brackets.

I just cut the crossbar to width, and welded it directly to the UJOR brackets. Then through a couple stitch welds between the Ford frame and the UJOR brackets, for good measure. With the hitch now bridging the gap, and tying the frame together.

I was able to ditch the now redundant UJOR 'cross member' frame stiffener.
Excellent! ...and very straightforward....I have ample steel laying around in the garage to whip up a front hitch, hopefully soon.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:42 PM   #18

New to the forum

Hi
My name is Alex. I’m supposed to be receiving my 2018 Sprinter 2500 Sportsmobile in July. My question is I want to be able to increase the tongue weight from 500 lbs. to 600 or 700 lbs. I know that Luminess aluminum bumpers have a tongue weight of only 500 lbs., But Im looking to add a 500 lb. motorcycle, a spare tire, and gear box to the back, and I know it will exceed that weight. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as changes/modifications to the springs or overloads or class 3or 4 hitch? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks. Alex
Lily747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #19

Motorcycle hitch hauler and storage

I had dreams of doing this when I owned an Ultimate MX Hauler. It was ultra heavy and annoying to carry around, but more importantly it didn’t work well with my KTM because the frame is slanted and the carrier platform is flat. Not having a flat- framed bike made the whole contraption wobble around quite a bit.

Since then, I started torturing a Black Widow bike hauler and came away impressed.

I think your storage basket may negate this, but a sliding wedge thats mounted off the center receiver this could be cool for an elevated shower platform.

ohpyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #20

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
The only thing about this I don't like is I was hoping you would engineer some rack that would lift the rack higher, then lower out of the way of rear doors and swingarms, and then I could hire you to make one for me, or just ripoff your design and make one myself, because that is what I want.

Oh well.
X2. Been thinking that same thought for years. 2 WR250's need to be back there.