Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #11

Re: Pikes Peak off road Trailers

Hi guys -

I wrapped up the finishing touches on a trailer for a client who is coming to pick it up tomorrow. I am happy with how she turned out. I took the below pics on my bberry and will post higher rez versions later.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #12

Here are some more pics taken with a better camera. The client picked it up today. I won't post any more pics as I don't want to get in trouble for spamming. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #13

P.S. The white is clear silicone sealant that has not fully cured yet. She dries crystal clear.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #14

Is the lid sealed against water? Is there a drain cock or anything?
Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Yes, there is black silicone on all of the joints on the lid. It's hard to see in the pics. She is waterproof.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 AM   #16

REF/Rick - I got your PM but it won't let me respond back. Can you shoot me an email so that I can respond back?

dave@pikespeaktrailers.com
Old 12-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #17

Rick,

Thanks for taking the time and coming by last week. It was a pleasure to chat with you as well as check out your rig. Also, our pups REALLY like your elk jerky. We will definitely be buying some more!

I am getting ramped up to start the next build and it will incorporate several of the ideas that we discussed. Here is an overview of the project. I will post build photos in this thread.

-All metal sides using 16g steel diamond plate
-4 lock-down points to lock the lid, including on the hinge side since the hinge pins can be removed easily
-All metal surfaces will be coated with UPOL bedliner in an olive drab / Mil green
-A Thule/Yakima roof rack rail system will be installed to support a bike rack, cargo basket, etc.

Monday I am going to order some axles and I will inquire about the possibility of a Ford 8 bolt hub, so that a spare tire can be used for either the Sportsmobiles or the trailers. Once I get this trailer complete, I would like to come up and show it to you and, at that point, possibly discuss a build buy for SMF.com (assuming there is interest). With my current commitments, it will probably be early Feb.

Thanks again and my wife and I both enjoyed chatting with you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dave.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #18
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Hey Dave, was great coming down and meeting you guys and checking out the trailers. We are looking forward to putting together a build sheet for our own and seeing what interest we can get for a group buy! That being said, I like all the additions you mentioned for your next trailer and look forward to seeing it done. A few more suggestions to think about. As Jage mentioned, a drain cock in the floor for easy spray down/wash out, (marine supply for drain plug and fitting). Tie downs In/Out, locking nose box for tools/supplies. We were also disc. ability to access cargo through drop sides/back door, if the top is loaded with bikes/gear. Also, size, anyone with a trailer now, is a cargo box 3x5 big enough?
Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks Dave, look forward to seeing your next trailer and being open to design changes. Group buy anyone? You can count us down for one!
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #19

These are awesome !!! Any chance they will be made in a larger size, to match the approx width of a fullsize rig vs a jeep width ???
Old 12-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #20
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

I was told by Dave, the owner, that each trailer is built to order and since they are not made on a jig, can be virtually any size (within limit). He orders his axles for each trailer, and can be made to size, he is checking on availability on our 8 lug hubs, but doesn't think it should be an issue. Any sugg. on size? Box and overall. I will have to get out the measuring tape, but I would think any trailer used for offroad, you would want it a little narrower than the tow rig for tracking.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote