Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2019, 06:26 PM   #1

trekgurl e250 RB Van and trailer wiring?

Hi, I need some help diagnosing my van and trailer wiring and wanted to start a thread here? Correct me if I need to post else where.

I have a 2013 E250 RB SuperDuty and it will be a tow vehicle for my 1969 Bronco. I had a friend who was helping me get the trailer and bronco ready for camping and wheeling but unfortunately he suddenly passed away last fall. I probably wouldn't have gotten the trailer etc if he wasn't helping me and now I'm not sure if I can finish what we started.

I enclosed some pics and hopefully someone here can help me get this mess going?

It's 2013 E250 RB (I have the factory workshops manuals and build sheet) and it says the van came from the factory with the trailer package.

Some where from the factory to the dealer and then the first owner the rear step bumper and the trailer harness pigtail (bumper) was removed to make room for a "tommy lift".

When I got the van I have to buy a spare, install a rear bumper. I installed a Class 4 trailer hitch and now I'm trying to get the trailer lights to work.

I called and talked to someone at a Ford online OEM parts dealer and I asked for the trailer wiring harness pigtail for my van and this is what they sent me. I'm not sure if it's right as I cannot find a picture of it.

I tried hooking it up but I cannot figure out where all the plugs need to go and the trailer lights would not work. The pigtail I bought doesn't have a ground? I have seen ground wires on some of these pigtails.

I've posted the pics and hopefully some can help me make sense of what goes where? Let me know if you need any more information. I haven't even begun to look at the fuse boxes up front to see if something it missing.

My trailer has a 7 pin female plug and my trailer does have electric brakes. I just want to get the trailer lights going first before I get into that complicated thing.

I appreciate any feedback or thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
E250 RB and trailer.jpg   E250 RB Van rear wiring harness 1.jpg   E250 RB Van rear wiring harness 2.jpg   E250 RB rear trailer wiring harness.jpg   E250 RB rear trailer wiring harness ford part number.jpg  

Old 03-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #2

more pics

Here are some more pics of the pigtail I bought
Attached Thumbnails
E250 RB rear trailer wiring harness 1st plug.jpg   E250 RB rear trailer wiring harness 2nd plug.jpg   E250 RB rear bumper trailer wiring harness.jpg