Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #1

Utility Trailer - ATV's, SxS UTV's, Kayaks, Canoes, Rafts...

In my seemingly never-ending search for the perfect trailer, I may have gotten close. You guys have probably seen these on display at Sportsman's Warehouse locations but it may be just what I have been looking for (and several other people on this forum as well).

While I have no interest or need for the "tent" portion of this tent trailer (although it is a pretty cool design) the actual trailer for this rig is right up my alley. I've been looking for a TRUE utility trailer that can transform to haul a wide variety of items ranging from Motorcycles to Whitewater rafts/pontoon boats, ATV's, Kayaks, Canoes, Home Depot runs, you-name-it.

This looks like it might fit the bill. I think they sell just the trailer alone (the SW website has been down and we don't have one here in LA)

Thought I would pass it along since I did a search on the forum and it didn't seem to pop up anywhere. While not the 4x4 class of Adventure Trailers, etc. it does seem like a workable solution for moderate offroad and put in/take out for the stuff I like to do. Put some rollers on the rear bars, cover the metal mesh and it would be an awesome fishing raft trailer. Easy to back up, see, etc.

Enjoy

http://www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/

DUKCSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: Utility Trailer - ATV's, SxS UTV's, Kayaks, Canoes, Rafts...

Bryan,

Somewhere I came across that website before, but I can't remember where. We have some Lifetime tables, and a Lifetime shed and they're well made. Great company too. They were the sponsor of a cooking competition that my wife was a finalist in.

I'd recommend the trailer brakes, and you might want to see if they have a pintle hitch option if you plan on trailering on any rough roads.

Herb
Old 04-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #3

Brian ,
Herb is correct with the suggested Pintle for attachment and I would make sure that it was a type with some articulation to overcome the low ground clearance that you have with this Neat Trailer . I could use one for the Ranger that I plan to buy for my wife plus all of the Pontoon Boats that we have . Good find Big Boy .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #4

Having looked at it, I suspect it would be relatively easy to modify with whatever type hitch system I would want. Greggde, I'm not the 4x4 fanatic you are and as long as I can back the trailer in and out of the blackfoot, big mo, green, snake, sac, owyhee, and south boise rivers I don't need any more ground clearance than that!!!
DUKCSUN is offline   Reply With Quote