Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2019, 01:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
There are members on this forum that do fly and drive's for people. Might work if you are serious about it.
Thanks. I was trying to figure out how to respond to that one, but he appears to have edited his post, so I don't think he was serious.

Obviously I'm new here. I have a friend who is a member of this forum. He checked out the van and advised me that this would be a good place to sell it. I'm just not familiar with the terminology, unfortunately. If anyone needs more info on it, I'm willing to do whatever I can to find out. I'm not sure what D44 is (Dana 44, maybe?) but I can find out.

vonshortenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #12

Yes Dana 44 front. The 8 lug bolt 44 came in F250. They were OK for stock tire size up to 31' max, and that was pushing it. The inner shafts tapered down near the inner splines like an hourglass, for whatever reason. I broke many of these back in the day before I knew anything about chrome moly! I would definitely buy this if I was in the position to, but I have TOOO many projects going on at this moment, unless someone would be interested in a trade for a 1970 Scout half cab with a Diesel swap or I can leave the factory 304. I also have a 95 XJ crawler with Dual t cases and 9" front and rear Diffs on 35's. I
On a side note I have a used fiberglass top for this unit. It is a Yacht style step up with a short roof rack at the back.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonshortenstein View Post
Ok requesting some feedback here. This van belonged to my grandfather, who has recently moved into a retirement home. I'm trying to sell it for him. Is anyone interested in this rig? Is the price fair?
The price looked very fair to me before I saw the photos. Have you tried listing it on Craig's List?

To be honest I think this is going to be a hard sale and you might need to compromise on the price. I'd stick with your current listing and then drop the price over time until you start to get interest. Once you start to get interest, then you know that you're hitting around the market value.

What makes this a hard sale is the dated front interior, barren and strange looking rear interior, non-SMB pop top, and the 4X4 system from a company that is probably gone or will not support it now.

Still, I think someone will want it... at the right price!
Kirk B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:28 PM   #14

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping to avoid CL and all the scams, but looks like that might be a more productive place to sell. I'm with you on the price, figured the $14K would give me some wiggle room.

The rear interior is barren because my grandfather, a Depression-era baby, had built everything himself from scraps. Bed, cabinetry, etc, and even though everything worked great for years for him and Grandma, it wasn't very pretty. My uncle originally had planned on redoing the interior, but only got as far as stripping everything out and putting in new carpet. I figure it's probably best to sell it and let the new owners decide what to put where.
vonshortenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #15

I noticed the pop up is a metal tilt up. Is the top aluminum as well? It looks fiberglass but?
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote