Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #11

Re: 1997 7.3 w/151k

Why is it tacky? If your providing a great service and spending the money to purchase, recondition, before you flip it. Everyone I have sold has had no problems but if enough of you feel that way I'll just stop posting rigs.
Buck

Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #12

You’re obviously profiting from this or you wouldn’t do it, which to me seems to go against the spirit of this forum. Why not just post the original deal and let others benefit, and let them decide what needs to be reconditioned?

I say go crazy on CL or EBay, but I still don’t like it here.

Like I said, maybe it’s just me. I don’t mean any disrespect, and I enjoy your contributions to the forum. This just rubbed me the wrong way, I guess.

Peace,
Brent
Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #13

Frostyone could tell ya I sent him a pm and told him that 6500.00 was the price he could buy it for from the original seller and if he wanted it he could have it.
Flipping is just a hobby, yes I do make a profit but considering I have paid drivers, airfare, hotel expenses to bring the rigs to WA and give someone local an opportunity to purchase a rig that they otherwise wouldn't have had a chance to see.....I'm cool with that.
So.....I do apologize to all that feel that way, no harm done and I will no longer post vans for sale.
Buck
Old 01-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #14

I tend to disagree...

If you have the ability to find a desirable van and offer it to the forum, I believe that in itself is helping the forum. It's tough to find a decent van, and if he happens to make a buck or three then so be it.
Maybe if you paid for one of the "Hobby Vendor" things available through the site that'd help...

My .02

Personally I'd be interested, but I'm not ready to sell my van, and I don't trust the trannies of these vans with more than 150k...
But it's a good start for someone.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #15

I'm fine with posting vans in this way... helps to go ahead and say you are flipping (or what ever the appropriate notice). I like knowing what is out there.

*nowwe'llseewhatthebosshastosay*
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #16
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Buckkiller, I won't add to the drama. But I had to chime in, we share a birthday! Happy birthday to us!
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Buckkiller, I won't add to the drama. But I had to chime in, we share a birthday! Happy birthday to us!
Hey
well happy birthday to you as well bro!
Buck
Old 01-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #18
Site Team

I'm a firm believer in the free enterprise economy. If I don't like what you're doing, I won't buy from you, no legislation required.

Also, you're going to flip the vehicles whether or not you post them here, so I only see benefit to posting them here as well.

FWIW, I could maybe, possibly, kind-of see getting a Hobbyist Vendor tag. No fee, just ask Jage and if he agree's, it's a done-deal.

Herb
Old 01-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #19

I greatly respect the fact that Buckiller offered it up directly to a member that wants it for their use! and if not he will filp it and re post.

It is frustrating when you are looking for a good deal for yourself. and you find it but someone else beats you to it just to flip and make money on when you want it so that you can enjoy! But if nobody here wants it then its good to see somebody make a buck. (we have been looking for a house and just when we find what we want to raise our family in an investor grabs it to flip instead.)
Old 01-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #20

I'd suggest getting a dealer tag on your profile and posting in the "Dealers" section rather than the "Members" section. That would clarify the situation for everyone.

As someone who's been searching for a SMB for since Summer I've lost the opportunity to view two vehicles in Colorado due to out-of-state flippers. Obviously, they have better timing and resources than myself but it's easy to view them as (professional) competition in a limited market.

If I require the services of a dealer, I know where to find them and will gladly pay the premium for their services. In fact, I'm seriously considering one from a dealer in Albuquerque right now, alerted by a helpful fellow in this forum who posted in the "EBay/Craigslist" section as a not-profiting 3rd party.

later,
jan
janliness is offline   Reply With Quote