Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #11

Re: 1997 E350 Pre-Runner for sale - OHIO

so is it free?

TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ
so is it free?

I was looking for some help on pricing it. I was thinking $8k?
Lizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1
NOT SURE HOW TO PRICE. But, is $8k too out of the crazy? I think considering E250s with 5.4s seem to hit $4k at around this age and with what I have in it with labor, etc., I am somewhat close?? Please do not flame...

So, help me on price, but here are the details:
Yes I am near Toronto but have American dollars (my niece lives in Cleveland).. You must have added the number " $8k "..
Since I have a E350 already and only want some of the parts.. I don't think it would work.. Good luck and cheers..
Splatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman
Quote:
NOT SURE HOW TO PRICE. But, is $8k too out of the crazy? I think considering E250s with 5.4s seem to hit $4k at around this age and with what I have in it with labor, etc., I am somewhat close?? Please do not flame...

So, help me on price, but here are the details:
Yes I am near Toronto but have American dollars (my niece lives in Cleveland).. You must have added the number " $8k "..
Since I have a E350 already and only want some of the parts.. I don't think it would work.. Good luck and cheers..

I am literally an hour south of Cleveland. Make an offer. Shoot me a PM. Never know. If I get a decent price on my trailer, I may sell the van quickly.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:29 AM   #15

Price out in the ozone or close to acceptable?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #16

If it wasn't for the rust, I bet you could get nearly $10k for it here in So-Cal. That being said, the rust is likely a total deal breaker for most people, you might be better off parting out the goodies and selling the van stock for $3k. Just keep in mind that the extras will likely sell for only about 40% of what you paid for them, just the way it is. I'd try putting it up for $8k locally and see if you get any bites or lowball offers, an offer of $5k might be worth considering if you haven't got any other hits.

I bought a '98 with 90k on it for $5k a few months ago and it has ZERO rust. I have since put close to $7k more into it (Camburg lift/ tires/ wheels/ balljoints/ window tint/ steering linkage/ etc) so it is similar to yours now, and I think I would have a hard time getting $10k for it.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ
If it wasn't for the rust, I bet you could get nearly $10k for it here in So-Cal. That being said, the rust is likely a total deal breaker for most people, you might be better off parting out the goodies and selling the van stock for $3k. Just keep in mind that the extras will likely sell for only about 40% of what you paid for them, just the way it is. I'd try putting it up for $8k locally and see if you get any bites or lowball offers, an offer of $5k might be worth considering if you haven't got any other hits.

I bought a '98 with 90k on it for $5k a few months ago and it has ZERO rust. I have since put close to $7k more into it (Camburg lift/ tires/ wheels/ balljoints/ window tint/ steering linkage/ etc) so it is similar to yours now, and I think I would have a hard time getting $10k for it.

I wouldn't expect a buyer from CA actually... The rust is there and while it is being mentioned like it has eaten the entire van, I couldn't let it go for $5k. I know it has some rust... But, $5k is too low.

But, I also realize that I need to get a new hauler soon and I am willing to negotiate. Not $3k, though...

How's $6500 firm sound?

I am going to sand and paint the hinges...
Old 03-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #18

Great looking van. When I saw the pics of the rust I immediately said "ohhhhhhhhhh". Out here in CA, the majority of people don't even consider buying a modern car with any amount of rust. It's because we just aren't used to seeing it. People will buy classics with rust but not anything from the 80's and up. From what I've read on forums, people on the other coast know rust will be present, just a matter of how much.

It looks like your van books for about $3k (kbb "fair"). The buyer of your van will ultimately decide whether they value the upgrades at $3500 or not. Obviously, you've spent more than $3500 for everything you've done, but as someone posted above, the value of the mods don't carry over dollar for dollar to the second user.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Ozone
Old 03-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo
Quote:
Ozone

Thoughts where it should be? I think $6500 is better?