Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2015, 08:51 AM   #1

1998 Dodge B1500 SMB, 80k. 5.2 V8 ...needs work....Feeler Ad

98 Dodge 1/2 Ton 2wd SMB pop. 5.2, seating for 7....4 captains and a rear folding bench.
conversion van interior.
This is not a full SMB, only a penthouse, the interior has no appliances or SMB additions.

Recently purchased this van to use for my Company, turns out it may need more work than I am interested in doing.

Runs and drives excellent, 80k purchased form orig owner, AC blow ice cold, driveline is spot on.

Here is a list of what I am planning on fixing. Or in case someone is interested in making an offer
Tires
Brakes
General tune-up-serp,pulleys,plugs,wires,fluids and more
Full detail
Wax & buff the oxidation

THE BAD.......
1) Dodge engineers should be punched for having the AC drip right on the right frame rail....there is significant rust on the right frame horn in front of the right front suspension.
I have a few people looking at it and may fix it. But if any handy folks want to save some $$ and have an SMB, we can talk

2) the body is rust free except the rear side door. This will need some love to last.
The paint overall is well oxidized and needs a solid buff, I have tried a few areas and it will come back quite nice. For a dark green.
I removed the running boards and a portion of the faded stripes.

The SMB canvas is in excellent condition, besides a few small stains I found, but those can be cleaned easily. The Fiberglass has normal spider cracks in the gelcoat and the clear coat has seen better days.
The top works flawlessly.

Taking offers or PM me for my contact info.

Overall this van has excellent potential and should be fixed or used for a top swap.
We have 7 cars, I am in the middle of a mechanical restoration on my 1941 Willys MB Slat. That said I am willing to sell it for a fair #.

3-SMB's E250's, E350's - (SOLD)
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #2

Re: 1998 Dodge B1500 SMB, 80k. 5.2 V8 ...needs work....Feele

Old 07-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #3

Re: 1998 Dodge B1500 SMB, 80k. 5.2 V8 ...needs work....Feele

The ol Dodge doesn't seem to gather much interest.

I am going to start fixing it up.

I am going to start a build page but still leave this ad here. I will edit this ad with a link to the build page.

I found out what caused the frame horn to rust, it was a combo of problems.
1) Dodge AC system drains moisture just behind the passenger headlight and drips right on the frame rail roughly 8-10" in front of the suspension.
2) Doesn't not help the situation when there was a small mouse nest in the box section of the frame.

should be a straight forward repair, the resale of this van will be reduced, the good news is I a going to sell it cheap.

Here is a brief update to what has and will be done.

1) detailed, buff, wax, removal of old faded decals, vac and internal cleaning. (smells great currently)

2) complete tune-up, plugs, wires, filters, fluids, replace rear brake lines, new brakes, rotors, calipers, shoes, and drums turned,
shocks front and rear, serp belt, pulleys, and much more.

Feel free to chime in and tell me what you guys think its worth. I will update pics as I go.