Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
True. I wouldnt pay 1$ for that van.
Haha! This made me laugh.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoidiot View Post
Interested at $8k. Local. Cash.
Sounds like this one is banking on buyers with "the fever" though. The ebay bidding war will be entertaining.
Interested at $8001. Not local but can be. Check? My 6th daughter? Goats?

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:20 PM   #13
Site Team

Let's look at it in reverse.

Add $15K for 4x4 conversion
Add $20K if paying someone to convert the interior (clearly lower than SMB prices)
Add $8K for a penthouse top
Add $8K for bumpers
-------------------------
Total $51K up-charge

If the converted van with the additions above are worth $65K (I think that would be a realistic price)? If so, the van would be worth $14K to someone.

Herb
Old 02-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #14

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/images/smilies/l2.gif

Hello there forum, I am a new member. As for my background, I am a car guy, a diesel guy and an off-road junkie. I have been a general mechanic for about 28 years and have built many different kind of projects myself over the years.

I am truly enjoying the debate on what my van is worth. Its much like the same one going on in my head! I purchased this van on an impulse because I saw it and knew it was a great start to a build I have had many years to contemplate."The ever illusive 4x4 van!!!" So I bought it, wasn't necessarily planning on it and currently not sure if I am ready or have the energy time and money to embark on the transformation. So, I decided to post it here with the other 4x4 van guys first and see what I could walk away from it for...
Additionally, from a mechanics perspective, the only major difference between my van and the $8000 dollar vans is simply the miles coupled with the 7.3 option. The fact of the matter that the 6.0 has a terrible reputation and that the 7.3 has a great reputation and it hasn't been produced since 2003. Now that makes this low mileage unit kind of a rarity I'd say.. One would be hard pressed to find another!
I am not trying to scam anyone or push this off as the holly grail.. Its far from perfect but its a great start. I completely understand its only worth what someone is willing to pay and that's that period.
But.. 8k will not buy it..

Please e-mail and we will exchange #s if you want to discuss a realistic offer.
VanDude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:02 AM   #15

This thread is awesome.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:51 AM   #16

Garage
Vandude72 - Now im only going off of what I saw in the photos but dont sell your van short. From a mechanics standpoint yes your van and the 8k POS are different by miles. But while we enjoy the mechanics of our vans we more so enjoy the interiors and livability of them. So your van is considerably better than the other van. While I am not a fan of the 7.3 in my vans (loud and stinky) I do beilieve you can get what you want out of it because of the diesel loving van fan base. Definitely better to sell now where people can still pay more than what is on the KBB sheet instead of building it out and waiting for a baller to arrive with cash because the average individual cant get a loan for "a van?!".

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:22 AM   #17

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
True. I wouldnt pay 1$ for that van.
ha! lies...

even if you don't care for the diesels, you know they are an easy flip. most all of us would jump on something like that if it was listed dirt cheap.

to the op, it is a nice van for sure and the low miles is crazy. my main concern would be how much sitting around that thing has done. either way, nice find and if you decide to sell, keep us posted on what you end up getting for it.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:25 AM   #18

Garage
Shenre - you havent seen the things ive seen... Sakuramas van for example...

Edit - His van is awesome but its also the reason my floors now have a protective coating and why my wife wont let half my shop clothes near the house.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:57 PM   #19

I think I am going to build this van!

Since no one has hit my target of 14k and since driving this thing around for a week or two and loving the ride, power and comfort.. I am just going to build this van out, starting with the 4x4 conversion and work into the camper set up next winter. So I guess I am in the market for some parts now..
VanDude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:53 PM   #20
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Just when things were getting interesting....good luck if you do the build out, and welcome to the obsession, lots of great info here for you to browse through. Maybe we’ll see a build thread out of this.
Nice van for sure, maybe as a price reference for all you non-believers, perhaps those of us that have recently scored those elusive low mileage 7.3 clean slates can chime in with some market enlightenment......

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote