Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #1

Garage
2 Chestnut Siennas w/ bases

I have two Chestnut sienna seats with stationary bases for sale for local pick up only in Hillsboro, OR.

$1300

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #2

Garage
Sold.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:09 PM   #3

What are you doing to your rig these days?
dude1play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #4

Garage
Well as you can tell from the photo i almost had my interior done so or course i decided it needed to be changed... Sigh...

The siennas are awesome but they take up alot of space in the back in order to be functional and all i do is tote around 2 kids in car seats nowadays anyway so i decided to sell them and am putting in a 3rd row tahoe seat in. Before i had the High top i wasn't interested in building my van into a camper just more of a family hauler. Now with all this room ive decided to build my own RB50 style layout

Old 03-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #5

Sweet! Do you have pics of the high top? And are you starting a build thread? I love your old seats by the way.
dude1play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:03 PM   #6

Garage
Nice! Glad your still enjoying them.

I put a bunch of pics in the high top classifieds thread since i bought it from MSD.

Here is the 3rd row tahoe seat i swapped the Siennas for. It needs some love but i just got it thrown in.

Also if anyone reading this thread has an RB50 or EB51, what is the top of the bottom cushion to floor at the front of the couch measurement? Im curious if its close to my seat height. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
20180308_143039_HDR.jpg  

Old 03-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Here is the 3rd row tahoe seat i swapped the Siennas for. It needs some love but i just got it thrown in.
How are you mounting these to the floor? Did you build a frame to go under the seats or are you using Ford seat brackets somehow? Looks like a nice set up.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #8

Garage
I folded the seats up and flipped them over onto a level surface so that when the seats are folded it will be flat for a bed. I then removed all of the stock mounting brackets and cut the latches off so I was left with all of the plates with the predrilled holes sitting back on the seats. Then layed 1" square steel tubing over all of the stock brackets and figured out the size rectangle to weld. Once welded i laid that on the seats over the stock brackets and tacked all of the brackets onto the rectangle while the stock bolts held them in place. I had to add smaller 1" pieces under the front bar in between it and the bracket so the seat will still be slanted lower in the rear. Once those were all good I pulled it off welded them in place and made another rectangle to match and then joined the two rectangles at the corners. So now the seats can still be removed if needed. And then i just drilled holes in the frame where i wanted to mount them into the floor. You can see the top of the grade 8 bolts in the picture.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:06 PM   #9

Quote:
I folded the seats up and flipped them over onto a level surface so that when the seats are folded it will be flat for a bed. I then removed all of the stock mounting brackets and cut the latches off so I was left with all of the plates with the predrilled holes sitting back on the seats. Then layed 1" square steel tubing over all of the stock brackets and figured out the size rectangle to weld. Once welded i laid that on the seats over the stock brackets and tacked all of the brackets onto the rectangle while the stock bolts held them in place. I had to add smaller 1" pieces under the front bar in between it and the bracket so the seat will still be slanted lower in the rear. Once those were all good I pulled it off welded them in place and made another rectangle to match and then joined the two rectangles at the corners. So now the seats can still be removed if needed. And then i just drilled holes in the frame where i wanted to mount them into the floor. You can see the top of the grade 8 bolts in the picture.
Thank you for the guidance, I'm planning to copy your install.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Nice! Glad your still enjoying them.

I put a bunch of pics in the high top classifieds thread since i bought it from MSD.

Also if anyone reading this thread has an RB50 or EB51, what is the top of the bottom cushion to floor at the front of the couch measurement? Im curious if its close to my seat height. Thanks!
hey Jsweezy, i was curious what year those tahoe seats are from? i am looking to do something similar.