Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #1

2000 E350 7.3 Quigley w/ Eurovan Top & Build - Whats it worth?

I'm thinking about selling my van because I don't use it much anymore. It is a 7.3 diesel quigley 4x4. It also has a pop top from a Eurovan. It is all built inside w/ house battery, inverter, lights, bed, galley, etc. I'm trying to get a rough idea what it's worth because I don't see anything like it for sale.

It has 207000 miles. I just took it on a 10 day trip about 400 miles but otherwise it hasn't been used much. Before the trip I put in new rear U-joints, rear slip yoke, tie rods, and front shocks.

dimension4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:36 PM   #2

add pictures
Attached Thumbnails
20191121_163607.jpg   20191125_123834.jpg  
Old 01-16-2020, 06:36 PM   #3

Garage

you’re asking for opinions on retail without providing visuals. kinda hard to assist without the eye candy.

edit: spoke too soon. top looks good on there. need to add some interior pix and I’m sure you’ll get some advice
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:43 PM   #4

I'm actually working on the interior a little bit because I don't really like the way it looks. I'm changing things cosmetically and putting a wood ceiling in. I'd give the interior a "Fair to Avg." grade. A friend of mine suggested I just gut the interior instead of making it look a little nicer.

I cant figure out how to rotate that one picture.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:13 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimension4 View Post
I cant figure out how to rotate that one picture.
Edit the Picture before posting it...cropping it ever so slightly usually works.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:56 PM   #6

Garage
I’m no good at pricing, but hoping grampswrx sees this and provides some input. He seems to have a really good grasp of values.

Your buddy might be onto something if the interior isn’t all that nice. A blank slate might be more appealing then a layout that isn’t ideal.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #7

Have you guys seen anything like it sell in the last six months? I saw one not long ago without a pop top and 2wd but lifted that was about $20k with similar mileage.

Before I looked around I figured it was around $10-15k but then I looked on ebay and whatnot and I see more like 25-30k. I thought maybe I'd make the interior look decent and try $30,000. Is that unreasonable? Had a friend sell an 80's toyota 4x4 van for $8500 recently
Old 01-17-2020, 07:24 AM   #8

Can you sleep in the top? The trick with the V shaped tops is having a layout that utilizes the limited standing room.

I’d say the van empty with that motor and 4x4 is probably worth $12-15k depending on what kind of shape it’s all in. The top could add maybe $3k because it’s not a full length pop top. And the interior could be a plus or minus.

I’d leave the interior unless it’s really ugly. Anyone who wants to take it out can, but lots of people don’t want a naked van.

Well used, full smbs of this age sell for $35-40k. I would think $30k is too high. Remember that anyone buying this must have cash because they can’t finance. I’d start at $25k if you can dial in the interior and $22k if you can’t. It all depends on how fast you want to sell though. Many of the homebrew vans sit for 6 months at a time before selling for strong money.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:59 AM   #9

Thanks I appreciate that. Gives me a pretty good idea of how to price it.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:08 PM   #10

What's your van worth?

It's worth what the last man (you) paid for it as we know you paid some amount of money for it on that given day.

Today's another day therefore your van may be worth more or may be worth less than you paid for it. Of course what you paid for your van has NO bearing whatsoever as to the current value of your van and what its worth today.

You know your van. You know what is good, what is bad and what is ugly. Look at the condition of your van. YOU determine a price that MATCHES your van's condition and what part of the country in which you live. Remember your van is worth more in California than it is in Iowa! Sorry Iowa! Yes location can greatly affect the value of your van and the amount of buyer's willing to come look at it much less buy it when you live in the BOONIES!

Quit worrying about selling your van short (Leaving money on the table) and just git it sold. Quit worrying about what everybody else is selling on Ebay or anywhere else. Look at ALL the overpriced vans that sit on the market for months before the seller finally comes to the realization that they are overpriced. By that time ALL the potential buyer's have moved on to other vans and your van will be known as a van the must have lot's of problems since it has never sold whether that it true or not!

Remember that typically your first offer will be your Best Offer so don't get GREEDY and let that buyer walk. GIT YOUR VAN SOLD for an amount of money that you will accept!

2001 Chevrolet Express 3500 Quigley 4WD ATF "Bomber Van"
1995 Chevrolet ASSTRO 4WD Quigley Custom Van
1994 Dodge B350 Sportsmobile Van
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote