Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2016, 08:44 PM   #1

2000 Ford E350 7.3PSD 15 Pass

2000 Ford E350 15 Passenger 7.3 PSD (Navistar Powerstroke Diesel) 2wd
140,000 miles
- Clean title
-Dual a/c, blows ice cold
-Factory alarm / key-less entry
-Factory radio w/ cd player
-Aftermarket flip down screen for dvd,
-A/C electric inverter
-Receiver for towing and Brake control at steering column (I have never towed / w vehicle)
-3.08 rear end ratio (swapped from 4.10 by current owner)
-Michelin LTX M/S 245/75/16 E rated 10ply (new at 117k, guessing 50% tread remains), alignment done at that time
-Bilstein shocks (new in 2010)
-"Velvet Ride" / Sulastic rear shackles installed to improve ride
- Rear air bags installed by prev owner, I have not used
-DP Tuner F5 chip (stock, high idle, perform/econ, performance and no start)
(F5 1-16 Position Switch on the fly Chip - Chips - Chips, Programmers and Tuning - 1994.5 - 2003 Powerstroke 7.3L Truck - Ford Powerstroke)
-"Scan Gauge" multi function gauge (ScanGaugeII : Linear Logic - Home of the ScanGauge)
-Autometer pyrometer / EGT gauge mounted on steering column in factory looking mount, probe in exh manifold
-New dual batteries (early 2016)

-Excellent mechanical condition / very well maintained
-Passes smog / never an issue
-Never in accident
-Engine and trans run flawless (averages roughly 16-17mpg on trips)
-Great interior condition, rear seating is "airplane style" seats (combination of captain's chairs, row and a rear beach seat, all easily removable for more cargo space). No significant tears, stains, etc.
-Exterior color is blue and decent condition but showing age, Interior is grey

Current owner bought in Aug 2010 and has maintained meticulously via a pro shop including oil/filter (synthetic) every 5-7k miles and fuel filter ever other oil change.
I have used fuel additive with every fill up for lubrication, water removal, etc.
All belts, hoses and fluids were changed at time of purchase, as were many new suspension components like bushings, ball joints, brake rotors,
Previous owner was from Calif and then Arizona and owned from aprox 27K to 116k miles. I purchased then and van now shows 140k, but is a little higher as I installed a 3.08 rear end ratio for better highway driving and speed/odometer was not recalibrated. Actual mileage would be about 143k (about 10% greater than the 30k I put on it since gear swap)

The only real downside to the van is the paint / cosmetics. . .time/age is showing. Photos should show all negatives. . .some typical dings here and there and a bit of very light surface rust (purely cosmetic. . .not into the metal) showing though paint on roof and clear coat wearing through on hood.

Seller is motivated. I have held onto this van for a couple years now while I enjoy a newer one (and learn to trust the new ones 6.0psd) and truthfully been simply to lazy to list it and sell it. I drive it regularly up to full operating temp or on a short trips and it still runs like a champ. It was used it for road trips and I would have no concerns driving it around the world tomorrow. But I just don't need it anymore and would like to see it go to a good home soon.

Thinking $8,000 obo is fair for a very well maintained 7.3 w/ no issues, but I am open to the opinions of others on this site who are more current with the market.
Sure hope someone within this community finds this van just what they are looking for and it can thus go to a good home.

The above is copy and paste of my Craigslist add, link to which is here...
2000 Ford E350 7.3PSD 15 Pass
Attached Thumbnails
140131-0938.jpg   140131-0955.jpg   140131-0944.jpg   140131-0947.jpg   140131-0948.jpg  

rarrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
Site Team

I think this is a great van for the money. GLWS.

Herb
Old 04-28-2016, 11:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
I think this is a great van for the money. GLWS.

Herb
I agree. Relatively low miles, unmolested, seemingly in good mechanical condition.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #4

Thanks Guys!
In 12 hours from time of posting the CL add Ive had a couple inquiries, at least one seeming quite serious.
I figured I priced it fairly...w some thought given to that it is now a show car cosmetically and I want to finally move it to a new home.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #5

Well shoot, I hadn't paid attention in a while and it seems the rust on roof has gotten worse. There are several spots, including several that could prob poke through w/o much effort and one that I did indeed just poke through.
(guessing berries from local Ficus trees have sat and eaten paint and exposed the metal in those spots)

I have a highly interested party looking at it and is still interested even with that...pending agreeable adjustment to price.
I will edit my CL add of course w adjusted info and price once I get an idea in repair cost from my body guy.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:55 AM   #6

Van sold at asking price to the first guy that looked at it (came less than 12 hours after add was up). I had a lot of interest, about a dozen inquiries, most seeming very serious, within a few days of the add being up. Many were clear up front that the roof didn't matter to them (plans to put on an aftermarket roof for example). Party #1 also decided that he would do something down the road with the roof and, like the others seemed to be thinking, that a truly mechanically good / well maintained / fairly low mile 7.3 avail local to him was the real value.

So simply posting update here to add to the knowledge base of market value for anyone interested. Seems the asking / sale price was the range for a quick and easy sale.

Thanks all for input!