Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
BC

2001 SMB 4X4 Voyager Top For Sale - Bend OR

Saw this rig last weekend in Bend, OR, believe it belongs to local production/film outfit Rage Productions given the vanity plates.

Snapped a couple of photos and posting for them, hope they dont mind and maybe we can show the power of the Forum. If someone calls, tell them a good samaritan Forum member posted on their behalf.

01, 83,500mi, V10, Quigley, RB-50, Voyager with mega Yakima 4-tower system including basket and ski racks and lights plus two side ladders and some nifty custom bushwacker steps on the rear wheel wells. $39,500. Phone # was a little hard to make out but believe it was 541.382.1001. Tell them you saw it on the Forum.

BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #2

How about we don't and say we did? If you want to call and invite them to the forum that's fine, but posting their number... well I edited it for you.
[**OOPS: see my post below, I didn't see the "FOR SALE"***]

Also don't they have (had?) another SMB with RAGE FILMS plastered all over it in full body wrap? I think I've seen it on the SMB site.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
Site Team

I'm still scratching my head over the ladder on the passenger side. Is is removable, or is the door just never used?

Herb
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to Txn2daBone
Herb,

If you enlarge the picture it seems that the ladder is mounted to the door only...so the door probably does open.

Ric
Old 11-13-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn2daBone
Herb,

If you enlarge the picture it seems that the ladder is mounted to the door only...so the door probably does open.

Ric
Thx Ric, I didn't notice that.

Interesting idea to mount one to a door, but I'd be concerned about misaligning the door over time.

Herb
Old 11-13-2008, 08:11 AM   #6

The rear ladder also mounts on the door and we have had no issues with it. Hopefully it will remain trouble free. oclv
oclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #7

BC, I have to say ***OOPS****.

And Duh. I didn't see that this is "For Sale"... I thought you were saying "contact them and tell them about the forum" not "contact them for possible purchase".

Boy I feel stupid. Shouldn't be poking around so late when I'm not thinking straight. Sorry! Here is their contact:
541-382-1001 info@ragefilms.com

Anyway, the other Rage Films van had the side door ladder too. I think it's cool there, a bit different and useful for accessing the middle of the top instead of a rear corner. However you'd have to be careful as the passenger door would not clear the ladder if the side door is open.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #8
BC

no worries Jage, have to admit it felt a little awkward posting since I dont even know them. But it WAS for sale and I thought hey, I'll do them a favor and expand the # of eyeballs on it. While also giving Forum buyers another rig to consider.

I should probably call and let them know either way because after all, if it sells we wont know unless it is someone here. If anyone has called and contacted them already to let them know it is up here, let me know.
BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #9

Hey all. This is the owner chiming in. Big thanks to BC for posting our van for us. I wasn't even aware of this site... wish i would have known earlier it would have been fun to be involved.

All the info is correct. There are a few more miles on it now something like 84,500.

The ladders and side steps were custom engineered and installed. The ladder is mounted to the door so you can't use it when it's open. You do have to be careful not to open the passenger door with it open as it could hit. It is super bomber though, the guys at creative welding did a great job. Once the door is shut the ladder is solid. The steps and handle on the rear wheel well are really cool. They provide just enough leverage to get at the racks in the back without sticking out too much. You basically step the ball of your foot on them and hold onto the bar that is mounted on the roof.

This van has been awesome. No mechanical issues. Runs great. Fits perfectly in Lot 4 at Whistler javascript:emoticon(''). We will miss it greatly, we have a new idea for this season which is why we are selling.

If anyone wants to check it out call me at 541-788-7222 (cell) or email me sky(at)rageproductions.com.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #10

What is the inside like?