Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #1

2002 Chevrolet Express 2500 Van w/ Quigley IFS 4x4, Explorer Conversion, Agile RIP

For sale is my ultimate road trip vehicle. A 2002 Chevrolet Express 2500 Explorer Conversion Van with Quigley IFS 4x4 conversion. Agile RIP package.159K miles, 350/5.7L V8 Vortec. Asking $10,000. Located in Mansfield, TX

AS IS WHEREIS. NO WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.

Van is in good condition for its age and I’ve done my best to make a fair assessment. Buyer is responsible for verifying all information provided prior to sale.

Options:
• Explorer conversion package.
• Leather interior.
• Two captain chairs in the back on quick release mounts.
• Third row bench that converts to a small bed.
• Center console up front with insulated cooler and 2 drink holders with electric warmers and coolers.
• Front captain seats are electric with heaters.
• TV entertainment system surround sound with headphone jacks.
• Moon roof up front – pops up, not a full moon roof, has a quick release so it can be completely removed.
• Window shutters on every rear window.
• Wood grain dash and rear interior trim. Ceiling limo lights.
• Two sets of 4 fishing rod holders on the ceiling.
• Has rear A/C/Fan operated by manual switch on the dash
• Cruise control.

Manual locking hubs in the front. Quigley IFS 4x4 Conversion, 1st gen. GM 4x4 heavy duty brake rotors. Rear trailer hitch. New curt front trailer hitch with tow hooks. Fairly certain it’s a 4L80E transmission. Axle ratio is unknown, GT4 service part is 3.73 gears, but Quigley was known to change these out to 4.10.

I’ve spent around $10K over last 6-7 years I’ve owned it and have put around 25K miles on it:

• Replaced front lower ball joints and both front brake calipers (1/12/13) about 23K miles ago.
• New brake rotors (12/21/13) around 14K miles ago.
• Ground effects on driver side (12/19/14).
• New water pump, thermostat, belt, and master brake cylinder (6/29/14) around 12K miles ago.
• New head gaskets, distributor, spark plugs and wires (Nov 2015) about 8K miles ago.
• MAS air flow sensor 7/29/16, 6K miles ago.
• Agile RIP package, with Fox shocks all around, add a leaf, and helper spring on the rear. Added about 1 in to the rear.
• 245/75/16 BFG A/T Tires purchased this year in April and have around 2-3K miles on them; discount tire free repairs/lifetime balance may be transferrable. New spare in April as well – Pathfinder A/T.

Great van, but it’s not perfect. The following are known problems and there may be problems I am unaware of: Has one small tear in passenger front seat base around a dime in size. Rear seats have some wear typical of using car seats for kidos, but no tears. Still really comfortable chairs. Rear bumper cover has a crack on top on one side from previous owner backing into a tall curb, never bothered me much, but has created some lights surface rust on body behind the driver side rear bottom ground effects. Front seat electric heaters don’t work. TV/DVD works, but its a bit faded, the TV frame is broken, and does not latch to the ceiling. Moon roof tint needs to be fixed, but seal and latch replaced this year. Clear coat coming off of passenger side ground effects. One of the surround sound speakers is not working, but speaker tested fine. Driver side rear door panel is a little loose (but not noisy loose) and has a few broke clips. Rear main seal has small leak, but stops with some lucas oil. Front fog lights don’t work. Chassis is in decent condition for it’s age, but does have some rust. I’ve tried to picture the worst spots. This van was bought new in Kentucky, second owner bought at 105K and lived in southern Illinois, I bought it in IL with 133K miles on it. I’m happy to send pictures of any other areas to serious buyers, but I’m not a mechanic or body shop tradesman.

It’s been a great and very reliable van for my family and will be very missed. Never left me stranded. I’ve had many great road trips with it. In my opinion the motor and transmission run great for the age. Shifts smooth. Breaks work great. The IFS 4x4 is a much better ride than many straight axles of the same year. It’s got a lower center of gravity so isn’t as nearly as top heavy as other straight axles or even other 2wd drive vans. The frame is reinforced with cross members up front to run the torsion bars. Quigley also adds GM 4x4 Heavy Duty brake rotors. The Fox Shocks are a huge improvement in ride. I’m told this van can be lifted by adjusting torsion bars, maxx keys, etc. Removing the ground effects would add another 3-4 in of ground clearance. Will not currently fit in standard height garage (bout 2 in too high for 6ft 10in garage), but will fit if you remove the rear spring lift and go to smaller standard size 225 tires. Would be a great camper, snow, or beach van. Great setup can easily be converted to sleep two adults and switch back to 7 person car hauler. Has decent gas mileage, not sure on real numbers. Fuel Economy shows highway at 16-17mpg, and city at 12-13mpg for 2wd 2500.

AS IS WHEREIS. NO WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.

Call/Text Andy at 817-437-2516 or PM for email
Attached Thumbnails
van4.jpg   van5.jpg   Van1.jpg   van7.jpg   van6.jpg  

van8.jpg   van9.jpg   vaN10.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #2

Some more pics. Great candidate for a pop top.
Attached Thumbnails
VAN11.jpg   van12.jpg   van13.jpg   van14.jpg   van15.jpg  

van16.jpg   van17.jpg   van18.jpg   van19.jpg   van20.jpg  

Old 10-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #3

Some chassis pics. I sure will miss it....may have to upgrade
Attached Thumbnails
van21.jpg   van22.jpg   van23.jpg   van24.jpg   van25.jpg  

Old 11-07-2017, 12:43 PM   #4

Dang guy's, not much interest/post? Was I too honest? Bad pics? What's up? Priced too high? Has the market cooled?

Do you think it would generate more interest if I:
1) Pull the ground effects and bumper covers and spray linex on the belly panels (would add 3-4 inch of ground clearance)
2) Raise front an inch to level it out.
3) Add grill guard
Old 11-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #5

I see lots of pics, but no written details or price. Am I just missing it somehow? (I’m on Tapatalk so it could be that...)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #6

Yeah it's Tapatalk, there are 30+ pics and probably too much details. Asking $10K.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
Yeah it's Tapatalk, there are 30+ pics and probably too much details. Asking $10K.

That’s weird. I see all the pics but none of the details. Wonder what else I miss on Tapatalk? Hmmm.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:02 AM   #8

I think the clubwagon model or overall design of this rig with the dual captains chairs, body flares, leather, etc. might be what's keeping folks from pulling the trigger.. it's not the type of van that MOST on this forum are drawn to and would take some work to get it there. But it looks like a great starter to get someone into a 4x4 van.

But this is a great price and I hope you find a buyer soon. GLWS.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #9

PRICE REDUCED TO $9,000!! Will consider full or partial trades for low mileage Lexus LX or GX, Land Cruiser, pop up camper trailer, portable refrigerator. Let me know what you have. Would like to see it go to a good home.

Thanks for comments ApacheCheef. The ground effects are bolted on and can be easily removed. That would add another 3-4 inches of ground clearance. There are stock bumpers underneath front and rear bumper covers.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #10

Sold

This van has been sold.