Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #1

2002 Dodge 2500 - FS in July- SOLD

Throwing this out early in case someone is looking for a rig to use later this summer. I bought this a few months ago for a trip to Alaska.

Van 2002 Dodge RB
Miles approx 40,000 Price $17,500
Engine 5.2L V-8
Cabinets Woodgrain Interior Blue
Top Penthouse Interior Height 6'10"
4 cu.ft. refrigerator, furnace, stove, microwave, porta potti, under floorstorage compartment, alum. running boards, Penthouse top- no optional bed but it could be added

I'm currently in Alaska heading home and will be in North Dakota around Mid-July. Delivery could be possible anywhere east/south of ND (for additional fee).

The van has been wonderful. Comfortable, reliable and fun. New tires were put on it about 3000 miles ago. I currently have about 34K miles and figure I will have around 40K by the time it's sold.

I will get some photos up when possible. In the meantime, if you have any interest in the van, let me know.

David

NJJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #2

Re: 2002 Dodge 2500 - FS in July

I received some PMs asking for photos, so here's some photos from the SMB site from when I purchased it a few months ago. Note that van looks white but is really gray.

I don't know the name of the floorplan but it has a dinette/bed in the back and cabinets on the sides.

SMB has a mechanic that will check it out for a few bucks. He did and told me the tires needed replacement due to age, not wear. Brakes were good (it only had about 20K miles) all else good. SMB checked all the things it installed and all was good except the extra battery in the rear so they replaced that with a new one.

The body is in excellent shape for a 2002 with 2 current items.
1) The windshield has a chip/crack from a gravell hit in Alaska. I'm going to see if it can be repaired.
2) A very slight crease dent on the side from when a picnic table 'jumped out' at me in a campground.

Interior has some stains from camping - nothing major - but not like new. I haven't seen any rips or bad wear in the interior. It's very good.

New tires about 4000 miles ago. Oil changed every 3-4K over the last 15K miles I've had it. No mechanical issues known.

If anyone has other questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them.

If anyone has lots of time to waste - email me or PM me and I'll send you the link to the blog of our trip.

David
Old 06-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #3

You should just post blog the Link in Trip Report as a new topic. You'd be suprised at how many of us have time to was...err, do Serious Sportsmobiling Research.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #4

July 5 - in Montana.

Heading to Yellowstone in a few days, then Jackson Hole and the Badlands. After that further East to Boston and then south to North Carolina (Home). If anyone along the route is interested, shoot me a PM and maybe we can arrange for you to take a look at it when I'm nearby.

Also, phone should be working in a day or 2. No service yet this far North.

David
Old 07-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #5

interested, live in Bozeman, MT not sure if your route will take you through this area

any pictures?

Rick
montanahorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #6

I'm not going back toward Bozeman but will be around Cody WY in a couple of days. PM me if you want to meet me there and take a look.

The only photos I have now are the ones posted above.

David
Old 07-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #7

Re: 2002 Dodge 2500 - $16,500 on ebay - 40k miles!!

The van is now listed on ebay - number 270427498806
for a buy it now price of $16,500.

It might go for less than that, who knows?

Good luck all!

And thanks to all for the help you provided us on our trip. We really appreciate it!

David
Old 07-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #8

Still for sale

Should be in Niagra Falls by 8/1
Then to Massachusetts, down to NYC, washington DC and home to NC

If you are interested and on the route email me if you'd like to see it

David
Old 08-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #9

Someone interested in my SMB saw this ad
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1281399616.html

Seems too low to be a real sale. Anyone else seen this ad and anyone actually seen the van?

At this price, if it's for real, I would have thought it would be gone right away.

D