Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #1

2003 E-350 Super Duty EB SMB 4WD Modified 49 Plan

Look, I don't want to hear about it. I'm not happy about this and it feels like someone kicked me in the gut as I type this. Had a long meeting in Salem yesterday. State is in bad shape and I'm guessing the powers that be will be looking to cut my salary by about what my mortgage payment is each month come July 1. So, this is sort of a preemptive strike. I DON'T have to sell my Sporty, so won't budge an inch, but it might make the most sense. Please, no comments here. If you have a question or want to tell me what a dumba$$ I am for even considering selling my beloved SMB, then please PM me. $55k and I'm very, very, very firm. Here goes:

The Bad: Cracked windshield (around $400), 4CU Norcold fridge lost its coolant (would need a replacement cooling unit from Norcold -cost unknown) and needs a new Everpure water filter cartridge (around $60).

The Good: I've owned this for approx one year and I went a little nuts on it to make it tip-top for extended Baja trips, etc. In the past year: Rhinolining on front of hood, lower rear quarters and lower rear doors, new waterpump, air pump, tension pulleys, idle pulley, belt, rad and heater hoses, new Yellow tops and new Dekka 4D, Toyo M/T "E" rated tires, front wheel bearings, Dynaloc hubs, all new u joints, alignment, rear diff clutch pack, Bilstein 7100 rezie shocks, rebuilt and modified springs front and rear (its a 1+ ton now, firm and sits higher than most SMBs), fan & fan clutch, Pioneer CD player with bluetooh adapter (sirius ready -I used my seperate Sirius player that plugs directly into the head unit (I'm keeping my Sirius unit, but the antenna and cables would stay), Hi-Lift Extreme, new high pressure oil line seals, and I'm sure there other items I can't think of right now. Comes with (uninstalled) new Motorcraft fuel pump, IPR valve and pressure sensor (ICP) (I think those parts added up to around $750 themselves). New up pipes exhaust donuts, cooling system flush and Fleetguard installed.

Its Got: 7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel. Modified 49 plan. Extended body. Seats six, sleeps four. Leather buckets. Kyrocia (sp) solar panel, inverter (Prosine 2000), 16 gal water, transfer flow tank, alumn wheels, range, microwave, lots of storage, Aluminess front and rear, Warn M1200 winch, hitch, PIAAs, Hellas, two spares, propane, furnance, sink, rear stereo switch, CB that really gets out there. Amsoil system. Rear AC. Probably forgetting stuff. Located in Oregon (Columbia River Gorge area). There are a few pics in my gallery and in various posts as well. Thanks.

After new springs, but before new Toyos and Bilstein Shocks (I think its the only pic I have of it clean so that's why I'm posting it):

Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #2

Re: 2003 E-350 Super Duty EB SMB 4WD Modified 49 Plan

Well....my only comment is that I will miss your posts. More fun than most. Maybe you could just visit once in awhile and write something interesting. Good luck with the sale but most of all I hope your job stays put.
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #3

I'm starting to second guess this plan of attack. Wife doesn't want to sell either. I think I may blow off this selling idea. Perhaps there will be good news come July1. Besides, I have a fun thread idea.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #4

You weren't going to sell just because... oh, nevermind.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #5

Guess I was a little obtuse. Not selling at this time. The powers that be are talking about a $770/mo cut to my paycheck come July, but not going to cross that bridge until I get there (even then, with 4x4, I don't need no stink'n bridge). Took it camping at an OHV staging area last week. You know, its pretty cool when you roll up with a trailer of bikes (and one quad) and the all the dirt riders come up to talk about the van. Its just too damn cool to sell. It completes me.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #6

Good news deminimis! Remember, you can live in your Sportsmobile, but you can't live without it....

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #7

...and you can tune a piano but you can't tune a fish.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #8

It IS kind of cool when that F250 with a 6" lift pulls up next you at a light and the tattooed, backward hatted, 20 something driver rolls down his window, gives you the once over and says "DUDE.....NA-ICE VAN"
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote