Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
tjgaskill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: los angeles
Posts: 8
2003 Front Clip

I just did the 08+ front clip swap on my 2003 so I will be getting rid of the fenders, grille, hood, etc. Everything's in great shape. I will post pictures later today.


TJ
__________________

__________________
2003 7.3L diesel Penthouse
1996 7.5L gasser
tjgaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 21
I'm curious if it's possible to re-do the interior to the 08+ style.
Like that dash, doors, etc..

I need to get a new van and really like the 08+ look both inside and out but finding a diesel RB with the side barn doors is damn near impossible.
__________________

jbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbro View Post
I'm curious if it's possible to re-do the interior to the 08+ style.
Like that dash, doors, etc..

I need to get a new van and really like the 08+ look both inside and out but finding a diesel RB with the side barn doors is damn near impossible.
Heads up, '09 is the newer style interior. I have seen others on here swap in the newer style door covers, engine cover, etc. From what I have read, the window control switches are different. You would need to figure out how to rewire, or I have seen the older style switch cut into the newer doors.

There was a thread not long ago about the possibility of swapping in a newer style dash, but I'm not sure if it has been done.

Very tough to find an '09 or newer diesel in general and gets more challenging if you are looking for specifics (barn doors, etc.). Most of the ones I have seen look like they were ordered by SMB directly from the factory. I have seen a few on eBay recently, but they were all sliding side doors. Good luck with your hunt!
__________________
2008 E350 RB 6.0 - Bullet Proofed, MG 4x4 Conversion
2009 E350 RB 5.4 - Camburg Kit (Sold)
Fork-N-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork-N-Road View Post
Heads up, '09 is the newer style interior. I have seen others on here swap in the newer style door covers, engine cover, etc. From what I have read, the window control switches are different. You would need to figure out how to rewire, or I have seen the older style switch cut into the newer doors.



There was a thread not long ago about the possibility of swapping in a newer style dash, but I'm not sure if it has been done.



Very tough to find an '09 or newer diesel in general and gets more challenging if you are looking for specifics (barn doors, etc.). Most of the ones I have seen look like they were ordered by SMB directly from the factory. I have seen a few on eBay recently, but they were all sliding side doors. Good luck with your hunt!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jbro View Post
I'm curious if it's possible to re-do the interior to the 08+ style.
Like that dash, doors, etc..

I need to get a new van and really like the 08+ look both inside and out but finding a diesel RB with the side barn doors is damn near impossible.

Forknroad I have heard doing the dash is not compatible or just crazy amount of work.

JBro, I am currently swapping the door panels and re-wiring the switches. Currently stuck on the door locks which would seem to be the easiest but they arenít apparently. You can follow me on insta @thedirtvan and YouTube thedirtvan as well. I need to do a designated build thread on here too.
__________________
You can follow my build
Instagram @TheDirtVan
YouTube- TheDirtVan
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSePTshSLn79BOCGYwSwPbQ?view_as=subscriber
NoR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:34 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Aurora, OR
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoR32 View Post
Forknroad I have heard doing the dash is not compatible or just crazy amount of work.

JBro, I am currently swapping the door panels and re-wiring the switches. Currently stuck on the door locks which would seem to be the easiest but they arenít apparently. You can follow me on insta @thedirtvan and YouTube thedirtvan as well. I need to do a designated build thread on here too.
Following your IG!

Iíve also been on the search for an 08+ front clip. Iíll have to part with my Aluminess bumper from my older front end though. I switched out to 09+ interior door cards, dog house but wanted manual doors/windows. I did change the mirrors to tow mirrors though.
01E350AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
PM sent for fender
__________________

Tom760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×