Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #1

2004 E350 Extended Body SMB for sale- SOLD

Up for sale is my 2004 E350 EB SMB (converted in 2005). I live near Cleveland, Ohio, but the SMB just came up from Texas. It has never seen a Midwest winter (I guess that could change soon if it doesn’t sell). As you’ll see from the photos (I have over 100 in my profile gallery), this SMB is in excellent condition.

Here is the info (that I can think of) for this SMB:

Extended body E350 Super Duty

5.4L engine (~15mpg)

2wd- not 4x4, but a great candidate if you’re going that route

59,4xx miles (as of now- will go up until sold)

Penthouse top- canvas is in immaculate condition as you can see in the photos
Mattress for the penthouse

Dinette converts to single bed in the rear

seating for 6 (2 up front, 4 in the rear)

sleeps 4 (2 on converted bed and 2 on penthouse mattress)

Starcool III air conditioner

Suburban propane furnace

Suburban propane water heater

Onan generator 2800- only 30 hrs on it

Norcold refrigerator

GE microwave

2 gas burners- never used

Sink

Shurflo water pump

Indoor shower tub (have curtain and wand- not pictured)

New Duracell 31DTGAM deep cycle battery

30 amp 110v

City water connection

Kenwood DVD/CD unit

Fiamma awning- great condition except missing rear end cap- doesn’t affect functionality at all

Aluminum running boards

Chrome wheels

New headlights w/ new silverstar bulbs

Falken Landair HT Load “E” M&S tires- ~85%+ tread left

Misc:
Day/Night shades throughout
privacy snap in curtain for front windshield and front windows
Coby tv and adjustable arm (not in pictures because I took it out but still have it)
Table for rear of van (inserts into hole in the middle of the floor and can be stored under one of the gauchos)
Rear is marine vinyl flooring, not carpet- super easy to clean up
Swivel front seats
Propane cylinder- full

Available for viewing on weekends as I work during the week, but I’ll try to work around that if serious about purchasing. Will do my best to help anyone outside the area with shipping, inspection, etc.

Price is now $26,000. It has a clean title and has passed Ohio E-check inspection. There are no weird smells and has not been smoked in. Pictures are in my gallery.

You can contact me (Mike) via PM with any questions (I live in EST and work during the day but will respond as soon as I can).

wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 AM   #2

Re: 2004 E350 Extended Body SMB for sale- $28,750- low miles

Here are some photos from the gallery:

Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #3

Are you the original owner? Any rust or mechanical issues or major work done to it?
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #4

Hi,

I am not the original owner. The original owner traded it into a Ford dealership in Austin, TX. I purchased it from the dealership there.

There are no mechanical issues. It runs great.

If you peruse through the photos in my gallery, you'll notice that there is very minimal surface rust on the underbody. Otherwise, it is in great shape especially since it has not been subject to salt or winter conditions.

No major work has been needed or done to it. There is a dent that you can see in the pictures on the passenger side rear quarter panel. Not sure how it happened as it was there when I purchased the vehicle. It isn't that bad to me so I have done nothing to fix it. Also, there is a 3 inch dent on the driver side fender but not a major issue and not a concern to me. Should be fairly easy to fix if its something that you'd want to take care of. Other than that, it is in very good condition.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #5

Ah, ok, so it is the SMB that sold on Ebay for ~$13,000 a month or so ago. I was just about to buy it but you beat me to it! Looks like you'll make some nice $$ flipping it this quickly.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #6

Yes, I purchased from Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown, TX (who had it on ebay) but I have much more than $13k into, so that $ is not correct. Do you think the price I am asking is too high?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #7

2004 E350 Extended Body SMB for sale- $28,750- low miles

Nice buy dude even if you paid $20k.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #8

You say the miles will go up throughout the winter. Are you driving this a a primary vehicle?

Also are there seat belts for the Gaucho seats?
amoswhiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #9

Hi amoswhiting,

There are actually a total of 6 seat belts in the rear (3 on each side). So technically my listing should be updated to say that it can seat 8. I'm not sure that I would personally do that though, because it wouldn't be all that comfortable. Doable though.

The vehicle is NOT my primary vehicle. Given that the winters in NE Ohio can be "rough", I doubt I'll drive it much. I try to keep what I own in excellent shape and I don't want the salt that is dumped on the roads throughout the winter to start eating away at the vehicle. I've already flushed the water system and put RV antifreeze as we've had a few freezing nights. And other storage/winterization procedures will be performed soon. That said, if nice weather presents itself similar to last winter, I may take the vehicle on a weekend trip or so. So the miles will go up but I don't anticipate them to go up dramatically.

That's one of the reasons that I'm selling. As much as the vehicle is much more than I expected and in great condition, I don't foresee much use in the near future. I think others on this forum would get much more use than me. I've perused this forum for a long time and jumped on this vehicle when the opportunity arose. I've put much time into it after having it shipped to me and going through the systems and doing odds and ends to it. Nothing major as it hasn't needed it. But I work a lot and just don't have the time I'd like to fully enjoy the vehicle the way I'd want.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #10

How about storage. Is there storage under the Gaucho seats?
amoswhiting is offline   Reply With Quote