Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #11

Re: 2005 E350 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudleyTania
Testing the waters with our 2005 E350 RB50 configuration 6.0 liter diesel Quigley, 80,000 miles to sell. This is a special van as the engine (yes, the notorious 6.0 liter) has been completely rebuilt to address EVERY issue with the 6.0. Bulletproof/EGR delete/burly track bar/HPOP/ and on and on. Lots of custom engine work done to eliminate the failings of the engine + STC chip to return to factory setting if emission test needed.
Welcoming any and all questions and will reply with pictures - litany of improvements - and anything else you might request.
Please respect the intent of this posting!
Hope to hear from interested parties
We'll allrighty then, I can't help myself so I will ask some questions. Think of these as coming from a knowledgeable buyer.

A completely rebuilt motor implies just that. Heads, new piston rings, bearings, etc. It sounds to me like you have had it bulletproofed but that can mean many things. Some of the work you have done could be put under the "cost of doing business" category or basic maintenance you might expect on a diesel engine with 80,000 miles. Specifically, if I was interested in this van I would ask:

-did you do headstuds as part of your rebuild?
-have you rebuilt or replaced the turbo?
-which EGR delete kit did you use?
-Did you replace the OEM oil cooler or replace with a bulletproof external oil cooler?
-Is there a coolant filter?
-Has the FICM been upgraded?
-Any exhaust system modifications? CAT delete, etc.
-stock water pump?
-any alternator upgrades? The stock alternator is woefully inadequate.

More importantly, if you deleted the EGR system any buyer who lives in a state with emissions testing is SOL. Maybe, just maybe, with some serious custom tuning a programmer could tweak the PCM file that it might pass an emissions test but I doubt it. The tech will also look for the egr cooler and other pieces to indicate that the system has not been tampered with. Either way, returning the PCM back to the stock program will not pass emissions. I presume that is what you mean by an "STC chip"? So, you are also selling the rig with the SCT Tuner?

I hope that helps and take it in the spirit of getting a handle on how much our rigs are worth. I'm curious how much mine is worth if I ever had to sell it. That's not even getting into your interior build-out but for 85k at the very least I would expect front and rear aluminess bumpers and a winch. Solar panels, OBA or on-board air, heater, etc.

Post some pics

JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:53 AM   #12

JoeH - you understand the issues with the 6.0! To ALL your questions (except the CAT back) the answer is YES. We did install new up-pipes with HD exhaust bellows. As to the "chip" - yes it stays with the van and we are aware of the emission issue with buyers that have to deal with that. Here is the litany of what we did:

-replace front and rear brakes
-flush brake hydraulics
-drain, flush and replace differential fluid
-replace batteries (house and engine)
-repair and lube rear drive shaft slip yoke
-recharge and upgrade the StarCool A/C system
-Powerstroke rehab kit install:H-11’s, head gaskets,dummy plugs,valve cover gaskets,
-EGR delete kit
-SCT chip & tune
-Insight EDGE CTS w/pyro
-Turbo oil drain and supply lines
-BulletProof oil cooler kit
-FS2500 external bypass oil micro filter
-HPOP replace & all seals, valves and covers
-ARP headstuds
-new STC fittings, lifters, IPR valve,
-new serpentine belt
-new heavy duty alternator (R&R)
- 8 new fuel injectors
-new Up-pipes w/HD exhaust bellows
-new Z-Max intake manifold
-new glow plugs, wiring harness
-Bullet Proof diesel billet water pump
-another oil & filter change
-flush and refill radiator with Titanium Heavy Duty
-replace oil pressure sensor
-replace CB antennae
-install upgraded stereo
-new bumper lockbox covers
-remove and replace ball joints
-install new steering box (heavy duty)
-power steering flush
-install new heavy duty upgrade Trackbar
-install transmission external radiator/cooler
-Wix air filter, Wix oil filter
-new belt tensioner, replace serpentine belt tensioner, replace serpentine belt
-replace and install new FICM
-replace front and rear shocks with Bilstein as recommended by Quigley
-new rims and Hankook tires (at 74,500 miles)

I just cobbled together a variety of pictures yesterday & will figure out how to post - but the biggest issue is showing the work on the engine....thoughts as to what to show, etc?
DudleyTania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #13

Well, I wouldn't get too carried away with engine pics but one of the the engine out of the van getting the headstuds done would make the point that the stated work has been done. Indeed, it would appear that as you indicated you have a bulletproofed motor and then some

Really, the only thing that your rig needs is to send it to Ujoint to get de-Quigleyfied.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:50 AM   #14

forum is telling me I can only have a max 900x900 pixels and my pics are 4000+...hmmmmm thoughts????
Old 05-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudleyTania
forum is telling me I can only have a max 900x900 pixels and my pics are 4000+...hmmmmm thoughts????
Resize them?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:12 AM   #16

Being somewhat technologically illiterate, I think I found a way to get some pix on here.
First are pictures of the initial tear down by Elite Diesel. Can't remove the top as too complicated so they remove the entire front end to access engine for all the aforementioned work.
The other a pictures of the finished van. Cross your fingers and hope this works!
Attached Thumbnails
CAM00631 - Copy.jpg   CAM00630 - Copy.jpg   DSC00386.JPG