Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #1

2006 E350 4x4 adventure van!

Hello, Long time lurker.

2006 Ford E350, Chateau, V10, 5speed auto (5R110), clean title, 133K miles, PW, PL, CC, AC, keyless entry with 2 key fobs, rear HVAC, engine block heater, second frame mounted accessory battery
Tan leather interior with 4 removable captains chairs, heated front seats with new lower cushions and covers, driver seat is power and lumbar
Custom removable rear platform bed (3 sections) with Lucid 4" memory foam mattress. Panels and some interior areas upholstered in diamond quilted vinyl. Rear cargo area lined with waterproof and abrasion resistant HDPE. Wheel well storage is lit by LED's.
Custom Vanslide (bedslide) storage/fridge slide underneath. Norcold NRF-50 12v fridge included!
Custom drivers side rear window delete panel with imbedded L-track. Allows for various equipment storage options, I have a set of "j" hooks for carrying a SUP for example.
Front side cargo door and drivers side front window pop outs, added rear pop out windows and tint to them, the front door windows, and a windshield visor.
Custom built cigarette lighter powered window exhaust fan.
Clear corner front turnsignals. Bushwacker flares, Rally Armor mud flaps, AVS front door window visors, black front and rear step bumper,
12K tow hitch with OEM wiring and Tekonisha Prodigy P2 integrated brake controller. Replacement axles should allow for 10K towing ability.
There are the usual chips and scratches from a 11 year old van but it generally looks good. The roof/rain gutters have had some peeling paint and surface rust which has been cared for with some brush on PPG chassis paint left over from the front axle rebuild. The worst of the body damage is a dent in the left rear upper corner that has been pounded out and covered with por15, looks ok but will need a different coating when the por15 fades in UV light. The other is on the right rear corner just above the bumper. It's not horrible but a hard to fix area, and I may fix it by the time it sells. A lower body/rear corners Rhino type lining might be in order after this.
10 gallon fresh water tank (mounted inside), Shurflo 2gpm pump, heat exchanger, anti-scald temp valve, and shower sprayer mounted "out the back". Heat exchanger is tied into rear HVAC coolant lines. So you can have hot water shortly after driving,running the van/or run the, Eberspacher (petrol) hydronic heater to heat the water. Eberspacher has 7 day timer for cold weather preheat. Rear OEM HVAC fan is on thermostatic control.
Rubber coin flooring, one piece, dash to rear threshold. Denim insulation and sound deadener in sealed wall cavities.
JVC KW V408T DVD/CD/backup camera, new front door and 2nd row speakers. Camera mounted on rear door. Front bumper mounted camera not hooked up. Camper mode switch for radio takes power from house batteries. Blue LED mood lighting
3 Batteries, OEM relay switches between starter battery and twin "house" batteries, Super start platimums are mounted in OEM battery boxes on the passenger side frame rail, Blue Sea 6 fuse block,
Puma 12v compressor mounted under van with composite universal quick coupler in rear bumper and remote switch on dash, Klein air horns (LOUD), bed/kitchen area map LED, pump switch, under bed LED's, OEM dome lights converted to LED with a camping cutoff switch.
5 star tuner with 3 maps, K+N washable filter. Custom side exit exhaust from headers back, new muffler, new catalytic converters (2), 33k miles
4T hydraulic jackstand mounted under van to replace OEM jack.
4" Ujoint off road conversion,
F-truck front axle, 3.73 gears, 33K miles since full rebuild, Warn hubs (powder coated black), 10K miles since Dynatrac front differential install, front sway bar, SS brake lines
Sterling 10.5" R+P rear axle, limited slip, 3.73, 100 miles since ring and pinion inspection/contact test, seals, brake pads/ SS lines/disc surfacing, Ujoint Sterling install kit
273 Transfer case with electronic shift, custom built drive shafts front and rear, 1350 CV
Atlas front and rear springs (no lift blocks in rear), Bilstein shocks (33K miles),
Pro comp 7069 (17x9) with Toyo Open Country AT2 285/70/17 (33"), these are wearing very well and can go another 10K miles, they have airsoft balancing beads in them so no rebalancing or wheel weights just a tire rotation every 3-5K. Spare is a steel F-truck wheel with a Dick Cepek Radial FC2 (285/70/17) mounted under the van.
During the conversion all frame surface rust (minor) was treated, and frame and all parts painted or por15'd
I will have owned this van for 3 years this October. It has been my daily driver for that time and has not let me down. Besides a daily driver this van was built for camping and adventure travel. I did not build an interior kitchen though always considered building one on a removable seat pedestal. Instead we like to "camp out the back" the vanslide makes a perfect spot to prepare a meal. The fridge is accessible from the 2nd row seats as well as the rear of the van so if urban camping or stuck inside during inclimate weather you can still retrieve a drink or make a sandwich inside. With the rear doors open there is a velcro screen to cover the bed area opening.
It's tough to let this van go as I see it as a work in progress. It would be great to see a pop top installed to make it a true "4 seater 4 sleeper", some custom bumpers, or even go solar, which I have thought about at great lengths, I think I would prefer a remote panel as we often camp in the shade. As of now we still drive a lot and aren't in one place for days so a quick check with the charger (not included) may show topped off or needing a bit depending on many variables when we get home.
I'm only selling because I think the van is to "off roady" for me. Considering a different AWD/4WD van for a lower ride height, more compliant suspension, and more subtle look. Then I will do the build out all over again.
This van gets a lot of attention and comments!
Van is located in Boise, Idaho. Miles will go up as I continue to drive it
If looking for more pics I have tons, PM me or ask here and I will continue to post them.
If looking for more info/reading material, wonder over to here:
I'M BATVAN! ...a 2006 E350 V10 DIY Ujoint Conversion - Expedition Portal
I'm not looking for any trades or help selling.
$37,500

Brian94ht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
tlg

Garage
That’s a sweet rig.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:34 PM   #3

Garage
well crap, sorry to see your selling man hit me up sometime and lmk whats next.

if this layout works for you, you wont go wrong picking it up. he did a really good job with this van. well thought out and super functional. brians craftsmanship is always top notch in whatever project he tackles (still the cleanest "ht" ive ever seen ). good luck with getting it sold!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian94ht View Post
...I'm only selling because I think the van is to "off roady" for me. Considering a different AWD/4WD van for a lower ride height, more compliant suspension, and more subtle look. Then I will do the build out all over again...
Nice rig. Are you sure you wouldn't be better off modifying what you've already put blood, sweat, and tears into, rather than going another route? Consider lowering the ride height, consider swapping to Agile Offroad's TTB 4WD system, or consider swapping in a set of axles off a 2wd van or truck. There are probably even people here who would swap axles with you, and you might even make a few bucks out of the deal.

If you do really intend to sell it though, GLWS.

Herb
Old 10-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg View Post
That’s a sweet rig.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
well crap, sorry to see your selling man hit me up sometime and lmk whats next.

if this layout works for you, you wont go wrong picking it up. he did a really good job with this van. well thought out and super functional. brians craftsmanship is always top notch in whatever project he tackles (still the cleanest "ht" ive ever seen ). good luck with getting it sold!
Thank for the comments Shea. Looking to do it all over again in a Savana/Express, AWD or Quigley van unless something else comes along.
Hope you are doing well. Maybe we need a fall meetup....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Nice rig. Are you sure you wouldn't be better off modifying what you've already put blood, sweat, and tears into, rather than going another route? Consider lowering the ride height, consider swapping to Agile Offroad's TTB 4WD system, or consider swapping in a set of axles off a 2wd van or truck. There are probably even people here who would swap axles with you, and you might even make a few bucks out of the deal.

If you do really intend to sell it though, GLWS.

Herb
Hi Herb, thanks. I had not really thought about castrating this van.
As I said above, looking to go to something like a Savana/express van. Most of my need for 4x4 is in the snow.
Maybe a better comment than "to offroady" is that this van is "overcapable" and I can afford to give up some capability for better ride/handling, lower ride height and maybe pick up some fuel mileage as well. The balance for me is that I pull trailers often and the v10 comes in handy for that.
I'm selling this van knowing full well that the "best" van for me doesn't exist.
Brian94ht is offline   Reply With Quote