Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2019, 06:26 PM   #1

2006 Ford E350 4x4 with Penthouse top

Making another attempt at selling my van

2006 Ford E350 Chateau, V10, 5speed auto (5R110), 155K miles, PW, PL, CC, AC, keyless entry with 2 key fobs, rear HVAC, engine block heater (110v)
Tan leather interior with 4 removable captains chairs, heated front seats with new lower cushions and covers (50K miles), driver seat is power and lumbar, Passenger seat swivels to the rear
Custom removable rear platform bed (3 sections) with Lucid 4" memory foam mattress.
Rear cargo area lined with waterproof and abrasion resistant HDPE.
Tan carpeted wheel well storage is lit by LED's.
Custom storage/fridge slide under the bed.
Norcold NRF-50 12v fridge accessible inside or out the back.
Custom drivers side window accessory panel with imbedded exterior L-track. Allows for various equipment storage options, I have a set of “j” hooks for carrying a SUP for example. Can adapt/mount many accessories to this.
Tinted windows, pop out windows, sides and rear.
Bushwacker flares, Rally Armor mud flaps, AVS front door window visors, black front and rear step bumper, grey raptor liner lower rocker panels.
12K tow hitch with OEM wiring and Prodigy P2 integrated brake controller.
Replacement axles should allow for 10K towing ability.
10 gallon fresh water tank (mounted inside), Shurflo 2gpm pump, heat exchanger, anti-scald temp valve, and shower sprayer mounted "out the back". Heat exchanger is tied into rear HVAC coolant lines. So you can have hot water shortly after driving, running the motor/or run the Eberspacher (gas) hydronic heater to heat the water through the exchangers.
Eberspacher D5 hydronic has 7 day timer for cold weather preheat.
Custom camper cabinet which is swappable with the rear drivers side seat. Butcher block top with under mount SS sink, 2.5 gallon grey tank in cabinet below, 3 small drawers, seat with a padded lifting lid for a portapotty (included). Faucet is plumbed to system described above with hot/cold supply.
Rubber coin flooring, one piece, dash to rear threshold. Denim insulation and sound deadener in sealed wall cavities.
JVC DVD/CD/backup camera, new front door and 2nd row speakers. Camera mounted on rear door.
3 Batteries, starter battery new 5/19, OEM relay switches between starter battery and twin "house" batteries, Super start platimums are mounted in OEM battery boxes on the passenger side frame rail, Blue Sea 6 fuse block for accessories.
Puma 12v air compressor mounted under van with composite universal 1/4" quick coupler in rear bumper and remote switch on dash.
200 watt solar panel with Victron Smart solar 75/15 controller. Monitored on Smartphone with Victron app
5 star tuner with 3 maps, K+N washable filter. Custom side exit exhaust from headers back, new muffler, new catalytic converters (2), 50k miles
4T hydraulic jackstand mounted under van to replace OEM jack.
4" Ujoint off road conversion, 4x4 van conversion parts
2004 F250/350 front axle, 3.73 gears, 55K miles since full rebuild, Warn hubs (powder coated black), front sway bar, SS brake lines, 25K miles since Dynatrac front differential install
2006 F250/350 Sterling 10.5" R+P, limited slip, 3.73, 15K miles since ring and pinion inspection/contact test, seals, brake pads/ SS brake lines/disc surfacing, Ujoint Sterling install kit
273 Transfer case with electronic shift, custom built drive shafts front and rear, 1350 CV. This is shift on the fly but does have manual hubs.
Atlas front and rear springs (no lift blocks in rear), Bilstein shocks (50K miles),
Black Rhino Madness (17x9) wheels, with new Toyo Open Country AT2 285/70/17 (33"), 2500 miles, they have airsoft balancing beads in them so no rebalancing or wheel weights just a tire rotation every 3-5K. Spare is a steel F-truck wheel with a Dick Cepek Radial FC2 (285/70/17) mounted in OEM location under the van.
Sportsmobile Penthouse top. Purchased used and refurbished 12/18, Installed 3/19. New paint, updated hardware/seals, LED ceiling lights, Maxfan powered ceiling vent. New headliner and interior upholstery in tan vinyl to match exisiting interior. Softwalls are in good used condition, one panel was replaced by an upholstery shop that was in poor condition. One screen has a 5-6" tear that was repaired with screen tape.
This van was built for camping and adventure travel. We like to "camp out the back" the vanslide makes a perfect spot to prepare a meal out of our chuck box (not included). The fridge is accessible from the 2nd row seats in front of the kitchen as well as the rear of the van so if urban camping or stuck inside during inclimate weather you can still retrieve a drink or prepare a meal inside. With the rear doors open there is a velcro insect screen (this screen is in rough shape and could use replacing) to cover the bed area opening.
There are the usual chips and scratches from a 155K mile van but it generally looks good, and has been well cared for. No rust!
This van gets a lot of attention and comments! Selling in order to move on to other #vanlife projects.
Van is located in Boise, Idaho. Miles will go up as I continue to drive it
For more pics try CL ad, https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/b...941511578.html
If looking for more pics of anything specific I have tons.
I’m not looking for any trades or help selling.
Buy it and go!
$58,000

Old 08-05-2019, 07:14 PM   #2

Your van is so sick. I wish I had the budget for it! Good luck with the sale!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:46 PM   #3
Site Team

Your van is very cool, and is that an EB penthouse on an RB van?

Herb
Old 08-05-2019, 08:43 PM   #4

Thanks Grampswrx,

Herb, its what Indiana SMB called a "garageable" top.
Its lower than a typical top and goes all the way to the windshield. The canvas stops at the back of the cab though.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:16 PM   #5

So is that top an option? I potentially need to replace mine. Or only at Indiana SMB? I've never seen it. Great looking rig.
Dbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbark View Post
So is that top an option? I potentially need to replace mine. Or only at Indiana SMB? I've never seen it. Great looking rig.

I’ve heard they only made it from like 2004-2006. Not a lot of takers. But I don’t know if that’s true. Call Indiana and ask and report back.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #7

Yes, call Nancy, or email her at north@sportsmobile.com
She was the one who identified it from a pic of the embossed serial number.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:59 AM   #8

I emailed SMB North. Nancy said the mold for the "garageable" top was destroyed so they don't have the ability to make those and don't have any availability. With the discontinuation of the Ford Econoline they decided they didn't need it and destroyed it. Also, she said that it was actually a little long in the front near the windshield. So I'm assuming it is pretty rare. It does look awesome.
Dbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #9

Do you have interior pictures? you can email mtcattle@live.com
spencerm is offline   Reply With Quote