Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belize View Post
Coloradocruiser, could you PM your email address, my PM's don't seem to be getting through.
I did receive your PM and just replied in an email. Let me know if you did not receive it.

coloradocruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:14 AM   #22

Hello,
Im not interested in buying your SM as I have a 2012, but if I was looking for one it would be on my list. Nice rig, done right.
Can you tell me which window you have installed on the drivers side behind the door?
Or perhaps the dimensions?
Im looking to put one in my van and the one you have looks perfect.

GLWS

JSO5000
jso5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jso5000 View Post
Hello,
Im not interested in buying your SM as I have a 2012, but if I was looking for one it would be on my list. Nice rig, done right.
Can you tell me which window you have installed on the drivers side behind the door?
Or perhaps the dimensions?
Im looking to put one in my van and the one you have looks perfect.

GLWS

JSO5000
Thanks! The windows are made by C.R. Laurance and the driver's side measures 19.5x33.75 inches. Hope this helps!
Old 10-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #24

Question: "Bullet Proofing" please define
I have one of the last 7.3's, 2003 finished in September (O3) in Fresno.
No issues with my motor or Sportsmobile
I understand there were many issues with the 6.0
I know I sound like a nerd but not in the Sportsmobile loop.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE View Post
Question: "Bullet Proofing" please define

I have one of the last 7.3's, 2003 finished in September (O3) in Fresno.

No issues with my motor or Sportsmobile

I understand there were many issues with the 6.0

I know I sound like a nerd but not in the Sportsmobile loop.
He covered the bulletproofing parts in post #6

Pretty easy to Google bulletproof Ford 6.0 if you want to dive down the rabbit hole. It is preventative maintenance so the motor doesn't die prematurely. Enjoy your 7.3.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:20 PM   #26

Thanks for filling in, simplesez. HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE, if you are interested in learning more about what can be done to help beef up the engine, here is a nice article discussing a lot of what can be done to the 6.0:

https://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/Articles.asp?ID=345

Obviously, the 7.3 has differences, but you'll get the gist.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #27

Just an FYI to anyone interested in this van - we are going to be taking it on a trip up to WY, ID, and MT, leaving this week. The van will probably have about 5K more miles on it than what is posted in the original description. The van will be back available when we return, most likely the first week in November. If that works with your time frame and are still interested, please feel free to reach out and I will get back with you ASAP as we find access to the internet along the way. And now it's adventure time!
Old 10-06-2019, 11:01 PM   #28

Thanks, I have been reading about the process and have a much better idea about "bullet proofing". Makes me thankful for my 7.3.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:58 PM   #29

Well, we are having so much fun with it that we just don't feel like going home! So now it looks like it will be around Thanksgiving when we get back. I'll be sure to post and PM when we get back.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #30

So we are back home and the van is back up for sale again. The van was amazing throughout the entire trip. It handled everything from fierce Montana blizzards and sub-zero temperatures at the Tetons, intense wind storms, deep snow and then on to rainy weather on the Pacific coast to the amazing, blazing sun in southern Utah. In every environment, we stayed warm and dry and maintained a wonderful sense of safety and security. It is truly an awesome adventure rig. It currently has 86,908 miles on the odometer. Some things to add to what has been done to it since the original posting:

- Before we left we had an electrical service done, so it now has two brand new cranking batteries and a new hi-amperage Motorcraft alternator
- The AC has been charged with new refrigerant
- We just had the front brakes (calipers, pads, and rotors) and front wheel seals replaced

We have maintained communication with several different interested parties, but no commitments as of yet. Don't miss out on this opportunity. You never know when your life situation will change suddenly, and you may never have the chance to go out and truly live your life adventure again. We are so glad we seized the moment and created memories that will last us the rest of our lives. Whether it is with our rig or some other one that you find, just go out there and do it before it is too late and you miss the window. You won't regret it - we sure don't! ;-)