Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 11:11 AM   #1

2006 Sportsmobile 4X4 - EB50 floorplan - Diesel - 60K miles - $79,000

PM me for any additional details or any questions

We love this rig but just don't have the time to use it as much as we'd like (we've put less than 5K miles on it in the last year and most of that was from one trip. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't be able to use it too much this summer either…I hate to see it sit around another year…but I also hate the prospect of trying to find something to replace it at some point

Details of the van:

mechanical/exterior
6.0L Diesel with extensive work done on it one year ago (less than 5,000 miles ago)
5-speed automatic
-Sportsmobile 4X4 system (Atlas II transfer case and Dynatrac front axle) with upgraded springs/shocks
-8" lift with custom springs from Ujoint Off Road and Bilstein remote reservoir shocks (suspension new in 2010 - springs, shocks, spring hangers)
- custom RBP 4" full exhaust; aftermarket SCT engine tuner (w/ Economy, street, and tow programs)
- BD EGT and Boost gauge;
-Espar Hydronic system can be used as engine preheater
-Camburg Engineering front bumper w/ 3 HID off road lights (have Aluminess front bumper that is almost new and on our other van that could be swapped on)
-Aluminess rear bumper (just added) with new tire swing arm specifically for 37" tire and Deluxe box (on order for mid June)
-Electric drop down running boards on both sides (I think they're AMP Research) - very sweet and very nice to have given the height
-Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5R20 tires on KMC Revolver 20X10 wheels (with full size matching spare)
-Fiamma awning
-Bushwacker fender flares
-electric penthouse pop up with zippered screens and additional black out shades on windows
-46 gallon TransferFlow tank
-Aluminess side ladder
-RunCool hood vents (recently installed so not in many of the photos)
-engine batteries are Optima yellow tops and are in great shape (just ad them tested a few months ago)

interior
-very extensive stereo/video system with in dash DVD player with navigation, dual zone outputs, etc, drop down TV in roof, and TV in swing out door for outdoor viewing (includes protective cover to cover when not in use
-audio system includes large JL audio amp, subwoofers, aftermarket speakers, etc.
-have KVH Tracvision in motion satellite system that I removed but would be easily reinstalled (did not remove wiring)
-Espar Airtronic diesel heating system
-Espar Hydronic diesel coolant heating system with flat plate heat exchanger for instant hot water
-16gallon water tank, sink, and water heater as above (Espar)
-electric penthouse pop up with zippered screens and additional black out shades on windows
-leather seats throughout, marine vinyl floor with removable carpet
-exterior shower
-refrigerator, inverter, etc.
-EB-50 floorplan, swivel passenger seat, electric driver seat
-porta-potty
-Aftermarket alarm system (Clifford?) with Viper remotes, remote start etc
-large under floor storage
-back-up camera
-removable galley box on inside of side door
-there are many extras I'm sure I'm forgetting

work done in the last year (all done at a specialty diesel shop and receipts are all available)
-new heads, ARP head studs, Bulletproof Diesel EGR cooler, Wicked Wheel billet compressor wheel, BPD billet water pump, all new hoses/radiator/etc, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filtration kit, new oil cooler, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filters, all fluids changed, rear calipers and pads, serpentine belt, rear driveline joint, etc.

-new big 4D AGM deep cycle camper battery in the last year

-new redesigned pop-top struts were installed (these are the revised ones with the solid inserts)

Overall, this is a one of a kind, super sweet setup. It's different from many vans in that it's on 37s obviously, but also there is no propane system to deal with. The Espar heaters (Airtronic and Hydronic) work great and there is no installed stove which we prefer. We use a small butane catering stove that packs up into a little case and can be used to cook outside or in (we almost always used outside the few times we used it). The van rides amazing for it's size and handles the lift and large tires without a problem. The only drawback I find with the tires is a little road noise on the highway, but these particular tires are pretty aggressive mud/snow tires. I'd love to keep this rig, but unfortunately at this stage in our lives it just sits next to the house and gets driven to the grocery store every so often. We have another 4X4 van with a Ujoint 8" lift on 37s that is older and not built out. It was kind of a impulse buy and eventually I realized having two 4WD vans on 37s wasn't super practical. I've been trying to trade that one towards a newer JKU. At this point, I will have to see if there is interest in this van and may end up keeping the older one and finish building it out…would be a lot less money sitting around not getting used than this one.

Sorry about some of the photos…some are grainy and old (from when we got it) and I don't have any newer interior shots at the moment

2000 7.3 Custom floorplan SMB Quigley 4X4 (SOLD)
nateGWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:12 AM   #2

This is a beast! Amazing job nateGWS. It's exactly what we're looking for...except rolling 37s at 8! What's your mileage on those boots?
jbird12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #3

Pretty much always 14 on hwy around CO....12 around town/mixed driving. I was a little concerns about the big tires but only drawback I've noticed is road noise and that's more due to aggressive tread than size
Old 06-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #4

I should add, those mileage numbers are with economy tune...which still has plenty of power. PM me if more questions
Old 06-04-2016, 09:07 AM   #5
MSD

Garage
Last weekend I was lucky enough to meet Nate (great guy) and to see this rig in person. Probably one of the nicer SMB I have seen (and for me the 37's set it off perfectly), if I had the money I would buy it in a heart beat, everything has been done right, with no expenses spared. Who ever ends up buying this is going to get one hell of a rig! Good luck with the sale Nate.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Last weekend I was lucky enough to meet Nate (great guy) and to see this rig in person. Probably one of the nicer SMB I have seen (and for me the 37's set it off perfectly), if I had the money I would buy it in a heart beat, everything has been done right, with no expenses spared. Who ever ends up buying this is going to get one hell of a rig! Good luck with the sale Nate.
Thanks for the kind words Mark. It seems like our big blue van is sold so we might just keep this beast...we'll have to discuss it further and really consider how much use we'll actually be able to get out of it this year
Old 06-22-2016, 03:20 PM   #7

price drop...$75,000. Have rear Aluminess bumper on it now and will post pics once I get the new box and tire swing arm on it. Would prefer to sell to another forum member and avoid listing on SMB's preowned site
Old 07-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #8

…sun-faded Trasharoo not included
Old 07-12-2016, 05:38 PM   #9

Garage
Good looking vehicle, saw your post on CL. I just started looking around for a used sportsmobile, but I'm interested in this one for sure.
allenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #10

Off the market - We've decided to just keep it and try to use it more…not really worth it to sell it and then try to find something to replace it.