Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #1

2007 4x4 Ford E350 RB SMB 6.0 Diesel For Sale

Unfortunately after 10 years of ownership (single owner) it is time for us to sell our van. The reason is that we are just not able to use it enough to merit keeping it. We just completed our last camping trip in Morro Bay over Thanksgiving and realized it was the perfect memories to leave with.

I'm still not sure how much we will be listing it for but I wanted to make it available here first. I'm bringing it into our mechanic on Wednesday to have it fully inspected. Please let me know if there are any questions. Here are some details. There are pictures in my gallery, I'll be working on getting good/current pictures that show everything over the next week.
  • Sportsmobile West build in 2007
  • ~74,000 miles
  • SMB 4x4
  • Kyocera 130W Solar Panel
  • Aluminess Rear Tire Carrier
  • Espar diesel heater
  • Exterior shower with flat plate heat exchanger
  • Custom, aisle style layout
  • Manual top
  • Porta potti (slide out)
  • Fridge (3 cu/ft)
  • Cooper Discoverer AP OWL 285/75R16E1 tires at 64,231 miles (August 2015)
  • New AGM 4D battery in October 2015
  • Amsoil dual-filter bypass
  • Amsoil synthetic oil since 1st oil change
  • Coolant filtration system installed in November 2015
  • New Garrett turbo in November 2015
  • Upgraded front speakers and JVC touchscreen DVD with navigation and SiriusXM (JVC KW-NT510HDT)
  • All lighting converted to LED (except headlights)
  • Fiamma Awning
  • Underfloor Storage
  • 46 gallon fuel tank
  • 16 gallon water tank
  • Smog and registration in October 2017
  • All services documented and performed as needed
  • Will be including extras (2 sets of chains, trasharoo, window Skreenz, miscellaneous camping gear if wanted)

Old 12-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #2

Nice truck. Is the price in there and I'm missing it or is it just MIA?
AtlantaViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaViking View Post
Nice truck. Is the price in there and I'm missing it or is it just MIA?
Thanks! We haven't set a price yet, still trying to figure out what is fair/reasonable. Sorry.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:35 PM   #4

Or, hoping for a bidding way maybe? Let me know what price you decide on. It is what I am shopping for.
rmance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmance View Post
Or, hoping for a bidding way maybe? Let me know what price you decide on. It is what I am shopping for.
I promise I'm not looking for a bidding war of any kind. I want to make sure that it is mechanically sound before we sell it. I have no reason to believe it isn't but that is why I'm bringing it in. As far as the pricing is concerned I've seen a huge variance in the listing prices so I'm trying to determine a fair price for both a buyer and ourselves.

My best guess based on what I've been able to find is in the $60,000 - $70,000 price range but I'm also thinking we would be on the low end of that as the van does not have Aluminess bumpers or an electric top. The biggest problem is that every van is different that I've seen listed. For example, this one is pretty close overall but has a lot more options and included a trailer - https://sportsmobile.com/inventory/cars-for-sale/2007-ford-rb-e350-diesel-4x4-bullet-proof-plus-military-trailer/.

Here is another one that is probably a bit closer to what we have - https://sportsmobile.com/inventory/c...0-4x4/#mainpic

Please send me a private message if you want to discuss the van before we have a price figured out.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:04 AM   #6

Excellent ... let me know what you decide on an asking price. I am interested.
rmance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #7

I will update this thread with a price and more details/pictures once I know more. If anyone is reading this and has a thought on a fair selling/buying price please let me know. I will probably be contacting SMB for help once the van inspection is completed as I'm relatively clueless on the value.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:14 PM   #8

Dang, I hate to see another long-time forum veteran and contributor move on. You helped me a lot with my solar installation.

Anyhow, my guess is 70k. Or, even more. Might want to mention you have a 6.0 psd in there. Some might know that a Garret turbocharger means diesel but it's a nice clean E350 which are in short supply.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:39 PM   #9

Thanks Joe! This has definitely been the best forum I've ever been a part of. I joined it before when we were going through the ordering process over 10 years ago and the amount of help I received along with the information contained in the forum was invaluable.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the price/description. I think the title of the thread mentions the 6.0 diesel but I will update the description as well.

So, you still have the TDI Golf? We sold our TDI Jetta Wagon back to VW once the dust had cleared.

EDIT: Strange, I can no loner edit the original post .
Old 12-05-2017, 06:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwindansea View Post
Thanks Joe! This has definitely been the best forum I've ever been a part of. I joined it before when we were going through the ordering process over 10 years ago and the amount of help I received along with the information contained in the forum was invaluable.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the price/description. I think the title of the thread mentions the 6.0 diesel but I will update the description as well.

So, you still have the TDI Golf? We sold our TDI Jetta Wagon back to VW once the dust had cleared.

EDIT: Strange, I can no loner edit the original post .
Ha, reading comprehension is not my forte'. Looks like your covered on the diesel front! I do indeed still have my TDI. Trying to decide whether to keep it or take the money. Not sure they even have a fix yet for my year.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote