Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #1

2009 Ford E-350 Extendeded Muti-use 4x4

Im just not using my Quigley enough; so its time to sell it...

The thing that makes this van awesome is Versatility... I designed it so that the bed can be placed in multiple positions forward (see pics) and rear so you can decide where you put the cargo such as bicycles and such. There is a HUGE bed to stretch out comfortably; and tons of storage room under the mattress platform.

Cargo Mode:With just a few screws; the bed platform disassembles and comes out so the van can be used as a massive cargo van; we have used it to help more friends apartments; its even big enough top easily fit my motorcycle for trips down to Moab (on those trips i just lay the mattress out on the floor when we get there).

Drivetrain: V10 powered 365 Hp gasoline engine, Car and engine are mechanically perfect with no known defects. These are the same engines U-haul uses in their moving truck fleet because of there renowned reliability. Burns a bit more gas than a diesel but just as reliable (arguably more) easier and WAY cheaper to fix and no need to worry about cold weather starts. 4WD is perfect, smooth and shifts without problems.

Insulation and wall coverings: The entire truck has been insulated with blown on polyurethane spray foam on all walls as well as ceilings of the van; before being covered in foam padded nylon wrapped panelling which provide additional layers of insulation. Combined; the van keeps cool and you can sleep in until mid morning even in the middle of the desert which we have done on many, many times. In winter; it stays significantly warmer than the outside with juts a few bodies to warm it up a bit.

Bed: 6 inch thick memory foam mattress is just about as comfortable as my bed at home; maybe even more so. The bed can slide to the forward position allowing a few mountain bikes to be placed in back; or can be kept rear to allow more room in the front of the van.

Platform: The height was selected to allow standard plastic bins to be used as storage down below; the van can hold way more great than I have use for. This height also allows other campers to sleep on the ground below the mattress; we have used this as a hunting cabin and its great to not have to sleep in the same bed as your hunting buddies.

Windows: there ARE two rear windows; for additionally security and to keep sun induced temperatures down; the rear windows were covered in fenestrated window covering; you can easily see out but its hard for others to see in. A side window could be added easily if you wish.

Roof RacK; Although cross bars are standard high quality and heavy duty VanTech; the cargo rack itself is made of custom welded steel. Its about the sturdiest rack I have ever seen; I was told when I purchased it it could handle over a thousand pounds of cargo easily.

Stealth: Without the rack; the truck looks a lot like a work van. I like it this way because when we leave it at a trailhead for a few days it doesn't attract much attention. On our cross country trips this gives us confidence to park it just about anywhere and nobody has any idea we are stealth camping or that we have it loaded up full thousands of dollars of bikes and kayaks and paragliders...

Rear Seat: easily removes with a single lever. Vey spacious interior; we lay out a couple of bean bags on the ground and plenty of room for four adults inside to be out of the rain.

Tires: The last set of lesser tires blew out on us on our last trip to the desert and we decided we never wanted to go through that again so we replaced them with the best and strongest tire available.

These tires cost us $1500 and are just about BRAND NEW. Less than 1000 highway miles on them; they are the best tire made on the market suitable for this van. The last set of lesser tires blew out on us on our last trip to the desert and we decided we never wanted to go through that again

Electrical: There is a heavy duty I think 1200 Watt AC converter that powers all the plug in appliances; I forgot to takes pics of it but its a real heavy duty unit. There are very bright LED lights with switched in the front as well as the back. The radio works OK but on our last trip the CD/DVD stopped playing CD's about 1/2 way through; it probably needs to be replaced.

I think thats about it; the van is awesome and we have enjoyed it alot and adventured in it everywhere from we wanted to visit in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Baja/Mexico, California and Oregon. Come take it on some new adventures.

Van is currently located in Jackson Wyoming (perfect excuse to come and visit and ski a few days!) but we will help arrange shipping anywhere.

please TEXT (don't call; Text and i'll call you back) James at 727-743-7777 with any questions.

Has 12x,000miles.

Price: First $23,500 takes it. Full price offers only; not negotiable.

Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:07 PM   #2

Pictures of the exterior:
Attached Thumbnails
vt1.jpg   vx2.jpg   vx3.jpg   vx4.jpg   vx5.jpg  

Old 02-09-2016, 03:15 PM   #3

Interior pictures; not bed in its forward and rear positions.
Attached Thumbnails
vi1.jpg   vi3.jpg   vi4.jpg   vi7.jpg   vi8.jpg  

Old 02-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #4

Roof Rack and tires:
Attached Thumbnails
vr1.jpg   vr2.jpg   vt1.jpg   vt2.jpg  
Old 02-09-2016, 03:21 PM   #5

Chassis and engine Pics:
Attached Thumbnails
vc1.jpg   vc2.jpg   vc4.jpg   vc5.jpg   vc6.jpg  

Old 02-09-2016, 04:46 PM   #6

Dang I wish I was ready! Nice van and good luck with sale. It won't last long.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #7

Must resist! Sounds like a nice practical setup and with the V10. Good luck with the sale.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #8

Is there a digit missing on that phone number?
Old 02-10-2016, 01:17 PM   #9

Oops.

727-743-7777
Old 02-11-2016, 04:37 AM   #10

Wow! Nice stealth camper, I'm a big fan of the multi-use interior setup. Awesome van and its in Jackson Hole! Should be a fun van purchase trip for someone. Could you give some details on the "fenestrated window covering"? I've been looking for something just like that for mine. Is it just colored window tint? Thanks.
dfudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4wd, 4x4, adventure, camper, quigley