Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2019, 11:35 AM   #1

2015 Sportsmobile for sale

2015 Mercedes Benz Sprinter Sportsmobile. $60,000 FIRM If it does not sell before March 19th we will keep it. Please see our advertisements at the following:

RV Trader - 2015 Sportsmobile

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...12288829242677

The ad in the RV Trader has the most details. One owner, less than 33,000 miles, fully self contained. Thanks for looking!

CDGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #2

Hey,

You will have to keep it, if it was up to me.
Dents and reflector with Mercedes - $4K.
To make it usable for rent and for myself $20K

So, would offer you $40K.

Terry
soloalpinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #3

No thanks

A 1", barely visible dent and a new reflector that would just pop in place is not a $4000 repair. I'm not really sure what warrants a $20,000 discount. The NADA value is $60,000-$72,000. $40,000 would be way too low for us to let it go, too big of a hit for us to take.

Thanks for your opinion, though! :-)
Old 02-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #4

Seems like a nice rig for 2 people. Good luck!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #5

If our Itasca Navion sells in the next couple of weeks I will probably contact you. We are in Bastrop, not too far away. We've had a few bites and one sounds very serious. We've been hoping for a trade for a Class B Sprinter-based motorhome but no luck so far.

Is the tow limit 5000 lbs./500 lbs. tongue weight?

When operating the auxiliary alternator (let's say while camping, running the AC at night) do you have concerns about negative repercussions on the exhaust regeneration process?

Duncan
DuncanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:17 PM   #6

I will check the information on the hitch. We hauled a loaded 20ft car hauler from Texas through the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico with no problems. It pulled just as well as our F150 pickup, similar power (maybe even a little better) and fuel mileage.

To be honest we have never used the auxiliary alternator. We tried it to make sure it functioned, but we've never boondocked in a situation that required it to run the roof AC. Turning on the invertor to run the microwave, blender, etc. have always been sufficient. We usually stay places we can plug in, or just overnight in a parking lot or rest stop.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #7

We have pulled 5000+ lbs behind our Navion with the same chassis as yours (it does great through the mountains of Kentucky and West Virginia) but, along with slimming down to a smaller size motorhome we would like to have greater capacity so we're not constantly pushing the limits.

If you find out any more about the aux. generator I'd be very interested to know. It seems like a great idea (it's so much quieter to run the vehicle engine than to run a diesel generator and lugging that heavy generator around constantly doesn't help hauling capacity or performance) but I've read concerns that even using an idle speed high enough to provide the necessary current to run the AC the exhaust regen may not do its job as intended.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:46 AM   #8
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloalpinist View Post
Hey,

You will have to keep it, if it was up to me.
Dents and reflector with Mercedes - $4K.
To make it usable for rent and for myself $20K

So, would offer you $40K.

Terry
So you won't pay asking price or make a reasonable offer online (computer courage), try to find anything wrong to use as justification for such a ridiculously moronic "offer" but would then pay $40K? Please do explain your reasoning there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDGreene View Post
Thanks for your opinion, though! :-)
You're far too generous and patient with that sort of time wasting tire kickers----its doubtful they have enough to fund even that foolish "offer". Such behavior just cracks me up---not the least bit serious past wanting to bash something offered up---hilarious in its own sad and pathetic way.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:26 AM   #9

Wink

You're far too generous and patient with that sort of time wasting tire kickers----its doubtful they have enough to fund even that foolish "offer". Such behavior just cracks me up---not the least bit serious past wanting to bash something offered up---hilarious in its own sad and pathetic way.[/QUOTE]

...and best ignored, n'cest-se pas?
Old 02-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #10

Reply back to JWA and DuncanC...I have $64K in checking account. Looking to own 3 vans for rental. My belief is that MB is a name brand you pay for and there are a lot minuses, e.g. high maintenance and repair costs, not a lot of repair options in the remote Rocky Mountain Region and SW area.

M. DuncanC, je manque practique a parler Francais. J'etudie 4 ans a ecole. Pourquoi dites-vous, "n'cest-se pas"?
soloalpinist is offline   Reply With Quote