Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
Gone Traveling

2017, 25,000 miles, ProMaster, Electric Penthouse Sportsmobile

I'm selling my very cool 2017 ProMaster Sportsmobile. Livermore, CA.

Quick details:
25,000 miles, Chassis and top still under warranty. The build is done for anyone wanting to keep it a camper-van... but there is room (physically) for water tanks, plumbing, water heater if someone wants. As it is now, it has a hand pump sink in the kitchen and a 32x24 shower stall with a drip-drain. From the roof up, it's all Sportsmobile... Electric Penthouse top with bed and 12V lighting. the top is *FULLY WARRANTEED for the second owner* until October 2022. From the roof down it's all a gorgeous self-build with about 75% reclaimed wood. There are several 12V outlets, 110V outlets, 1 Deka 119Ah Deep Cycle Gel battery (floats at 13.2-6V), 1, 100W flexible solar panel and 1 30A solar controller by Windy Nation. There is room for 5 more batteries and 4 more panels on the roof. The van is also prewired for an inverter.

So, this is apparently the only ProMaster to have a SMB Electric top (with the loft bed). It’s really beautiful... but I believe in keeping it completely honest, so... The only reason we are selling it is because we have had an extremely difficult time with SMBW, on a very personal level, and we just can't enjoy the almost finished build because of this. We are set to lose about $25,000 by selling it. But *SMBW has extended their warranty to the second owner, which is awesome and will undoubtedly help us sell the van and help the new owner feel safe with the purchase. A used Sportsmobile with a full warranty is awesome. And to be clear: There is nothing wrong with the van, the penthouse top/bed or the self build. This is the van we thought we'd be building to keep forever. (We have now almost finished building its replacement, through another builder.

All details:
-It’s white, windowless (until you put the top up, then there are 5 windows), has 25,000 miles on it.
-SMB electric penthouse top was installed October 2017. (4 years left on the warranty).
-It’s a 2017 with the backup camera and Park Sense.
-The chassis still has the remainder of the bumper to bumper warranty as well as the remainder of the powertrain warranty.
-The van comes with a gorgeous self-build interior made with 75% reclaimed wood.
-There is 1, 100W flexible solar panel on the roof; 1, 119 Ah deep cycle Gel battery made by Deka; and a Windy Nation solar controller. The van hooks up to shore power via 120V plug wired through 3 separate breakers. There are 5, 110V outlets, 2 12V outlets, and is already wired for an inverter.
-It has a full shower stall (32”x24);
-Small couch for 2;
-An 8000btu air conditioner unit is cleverly hidden in a closet and vented out the side behind the driver’s door. The vent cover for the air conditioner looks great and is bug-screened and won’t allow for water to get in.
-I’ve done all the oil changes myself with fully synthetic oil every 5000+ miles. I took excellent care of it (I thought we’d be keeping this van forever).
-It has a top-loading fridge/freezer (96 qts) built into the kitchen counter. It automatically switches from DC to AC as soon as you plug the van into shore power.
-The kitchen has a hand pump faucet.
-There’s TONS of storage- inside and garage storage in the back.
-The chassis battery is prewired for 12V accessories or an inverter.
There is a 300W subwoofer hidden in a cabinet so the music you play can sound awesome (nobody deserves a crapy stereo, lol).
-There is still some customization opportunities (meaning mostly bare walls, and room in the back for water tanks and propane water heater/furnace, etc.).

There is so much more... Please ask about anything I may have missed, because I’m sure I did, lol.

This is an honest sale... the ONLY reasons we are selling it is because of the moral issues with SMBW and because I can’t stand up in it, which I have come to find annoying. The van cost $35,000, the top was a tad more than $10,500, and the entire build/appliances was $14,000. That’s $54,500. We looked around and found the prices of similar vans (year, mileage, build, *WITHOUT* an electric SMB top/loft bed), to be about $54,000+. So we’re asking $42,000.

The damn thing is beautiful and everything works perfectly, and it’s clean. And we are pissed to be selling it on principle, but we have no choice.
I think this is a great chance for someone to own an almost-new Sportsmobile on the cheap.

Please get in touch if you're interested.

213-268-4746

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3e9.jpg   IMG_0035.jpg   IMG_0036.jpg   IMG_2962.jpg   IMG_3655.jpg  

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3e0.jpg   UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_411.jpg   UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_823.jpg   gGrcY6+dTyuUW1z1Atqk2Q_thumb_3c2.jpg   IMG_2963.jpg  

VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote