Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2019, 07:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Looks like a film-production rig, maybe
Custom built to haul White water kayaks around. Bumper is for sale as well!

Hippyvandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:48 PM   #12

Hippyvandude, local and interested. Top still available?
boerboelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boerboelguy View Post
Hippyvandude, local and interested. Top still available?
boerboelguy, yes still for sale and available. I sent you a message on it. Hopefully it will work out for you. feel free to email with any questions or if you would like to meet up in the coming weeks. stevemahon31@gmail.com
Hippyvandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Just a word of advice... I don’t mean to be negative. You’re not asking almost twice what your top is worth. $2600.00 max if it was electric then worth about 3 to 3200.00. Last pop top I sold was in amazing shape & they got everything to make it work from the roof up & it went for $2600.00. If you can get your asking price great (but they don’t know the market) if you wanna sell it, drop the price to be in line to what the last few tops I’ve sold on here have gone for...
DITTO! I agree. Even if there is another canvas the top is weathered and will take tlc and filling holes from other mounts. NO disrespect intended but I would not pay more than $2000.00 WITH shipping. IMOP! Good luck sounds like you may have a buyer from Florida.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
DITTO! I agree. Even if there is another canvas the top is weathered and will take tlc and filling holes from other mounts. NO disrespect intended but I would not pay more than $2000.00 WITH shipping. IMOP! Good luck sounds like you may have a buyer from Florida.
After looking at it closer it looks in better shape than first thought! I guess the stickers bugged me and the accumulated debris on the curb side of the top where it rest explains the distorted seat molding. The inside canvas looks good but the outside has appearance of some mold or dirty. Some scrubbing then Scotts fabric water repellent spray would be in order. But my price only increases between $2500.00 and $2600.00 due to non power and the scale of 6 out of 10. Let us know if you drop your price. For any one in California my neighbor runs cars to the East coast and can bring this back to California reasonably cheap.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:50 AM   #16

Hey all: the OP did not ask for pricing help, and piling on with your unsolicited, negative opinions is not cool IMO. This is happening way too often anymore here in the Member for Sale section. If you posted your van or item for sale, would you appreciate people publicly posting negative comments? If you have constructive ideas, private message the person in a helpful manner. We’re a community. Let’s try to keep that in mind.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Hey all: the OP did not ask for pricing help, and piling on with your unsolicited, negative opinions is not cool IMO. This is happening way too often anymore here in the Member for Sale section. If you posted your van or item for sale, would you appreciate people publicly posting negative comments? If you have constructive ideas, private message the person in a helpful manner. We’re a community. Let’s try to keep that in mind.

Agreed. If you don’t like the price, send him a private message with your offer in it. If he asks for pricing advice, THEN we can all give our opinions.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #18

Quote:
.......If you have constructive ideas, private message the person in a helpful manner. We’re a community. Let’s try to keep that in mind.
IMO - BrianW’s request is right on the money - Use a PM for conveying pricing advice to a Member’s Classified Post.

We ARE a REALLY GREAT community connected by our diverse passions around vans and I love and deeply appreciate how we help and support each other in a respectful way.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #19

No problem Brianw! MSD gave an opinion which in my eyes holds great value because of his experience and knowledge in the industry. I was just supporting his comment for so that other un-experienced members can be brought up to the reality of the going rate for things. Please inform me what part of my opinion was rude, distasteful. If I posted something way off I would like a member to let me know hey your too high or too low because I am posting it to sell it not to post it and sit on it. I have posted brand new Fiberine Tops here for 1/5th the price because I have seen the market and the reality of most not wanting to cut their own roofs which reflects what some are willing to pay. So I do have experience in this subject. A P.M. only tells the seller or buyer not he next guy thinking about it. I would like that, if my son needed guidance, in a fresh new subject, he would be guided as to where to go, what to do, and how much to expect to pay. Is that not what forums are for? Is it not to educate those that are less proficient in these subjects. I did not bad mouth him or the item, nor did MSD! I merely brought to the surface what the product may need to have done reflecting what the value may be. Furthermore I have seen post on here about over priced vans that you yourself and others that do not sell vans have commented on. I respect your comments because many here do have experience in of seeing price values. Now, not in this particular case, but too many people out there put outrageous values on cars parts and other stuff and take advantage of the less informed. I know some will say too bad they will figure it out, or they were the stupid ones, is that not what these forums are for? To educate not take advantage of others, if not please tell me so I can withdraw my profile!
Old 05-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #20
MSD

Garage
In no way was my post meant to be negative and I don’t see it as such... if some thing is off I’m gonna call it off especially when a junior member who just joins post something for sale and is extremely off on price. Why was this negative? Why as a member who contributes, and tries to help out all of a sudden negative because they don’t agree on price. Yes we are a community & we learn from each other...isn’t this part of learning?
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e350, for sale, obo, pop top