Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #1

4X4 SMB Wanted

Oh my gosh ... I can't wait to find my SMB and get my own adventures started! I am shopping for a 4x4. All configurations considered. My budget is between 40-50k. Please let me know if you have one for sale or find one for sale.

Thanks so much!

Robert

rmance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #2

Re: 4X4 SMB Wanted

Hi Robert,
I've been looking as well in a similar price range. There are 3 that I found that weren't quite what I was looking for as well as layout and options:

-A white one on the pre-owned California Sportsmobile site asking $48K
-A grey one on the pre-owned Indiana Sportsmobile website asking $45K but heard on this forum that they may take as little as $35K which leaves you some room for personal modifications
-A white GTRV which seems almost identical to a sportsmobile 4x4 on the rvt.com website. Just search for GRTV in the upper left corner

Good luck on your search!
Jeff
Old 01-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #3

Hey thanks Jeff. I do like the GTRV you mentioned. I didn't even know those were out there! I can widen my search now. Best of luck on your search as well, and if I do see anything I'll pass it along.

Robert
rmance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #4

There aren't many GTRV's around and this one seems to be the only one that has that nice of a 4x4 conversion. It's been for sale for about a year originally asking about $60K but they dropped it several months back. Based on that, they may be more desperate and willing to haggle.
-Jeff
Old 01-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #5

Jeff and Robert,

I'm glad to see your posts. I'm also looking hard for an SMB. In fact, I've posted to this site, but heard nothing yet. (http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewto ... f=7&t=4088).

That GTRV looks interesting. As was the case with Robert, I've never heard of the company, and will expand my search to include them.

I do have one question. I notice the unit has a pop top similar to SMBs. Is anyone familiar with the quality of that pop-top? How about the quality of the rest of the conversion?

As always, thanks for your help.

Happy trails,

Michael
musichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #6

I have one seattle area thanks Rich 253-208-4880
dude1play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #7

Guys, the Grey one in Indiana is sold, I pick it up this weekend! Another place to check is Quadvan in Portland. They recently had a few 4x4 vans for sale that could easily be converted. Best of luck!
river is offline   Reply With Quote