Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
Site Team

Garage
6 Gal SMB Water Heater SOLD

It's a Suburban SW6DEM originally installed by SMB and removed for space. Build was 12/11, used sparingly. Needs anode. Includes door. $250 + shipping. ($460 +/- new w/o door: http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Sub...iler-Camper-RV.) 10% to forum if sold here.

Specs (NB: Long dimension is 24" w/hosing):

Inside view

Outside

and model #

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #2

Re: 6 Gal SMB Water Heater

Is the door the black door in the passenger side rear of your van? Is it a vent door, or so you can open it and plug a showerhead into it?

It uses propane, correct? How expensive is the anode, and how hard is it to replace?

Dibs. I'll be travelling through Santa Fe either April 24th or 25th while I'm moving to CO.

Thanks,
Bryce
bphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphin
Is the door the black door in the passenger side rear of your van? Is it a vent door, or so you can open it and plug a showerhead into it?

It uses propane, correct? How expensive is the anode, and how hard is it to replace?

Dibs. I'll be travelling through Santa Fe either April 24th or 25th while I'm moving to CO.

Thanks,
Bryce
The black door is the replacement and entry to our new storage area. The heater's door is more of a vented lid that you remove to access the heater. (See: http://goo.gl/e0umMf) The heater filled the space built for it by SMB but you could plumb an external connection. I think a shower head plugged directly into the heater could deliver water that is a bit hot.

The anode is easy to install and costs around $15: http://goo.gl/Mw1r14. The heater uses propane with an electronic ignition.

Thanks for the qxns. Let me know what you think.

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #4

They have anodes at any RV store or online, and you should replace it once a year anyway- basically before it corrodes off and drops in the tank. It's pretty easy to tell, and it's super easy to pull to look at it or replace.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #5

Bryce:

I have a Suburban water heater on my SMB. I paid $18 for an anode on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DG ... UTF8&psc=1

My exterior shower is connected to hot water. If you need pics or want to swing by just let me know!

later,
jan
janliness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #6

Don - I'll take it! I'll send you a PM so we can swap contact info, and make arrangements for pick-up.

Jan - Would love to see your set-up. I'll send you a PM for contact info and figure out a time. Thanks for the offer!

-Bryce
bphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphin
Don - I'll take it! I'll send you a PM so we can swap contact info, and make arrangements for pick-up.
We should just all do a Colorado thing when you're up here. Also I have pex tools if you need them.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
We should just all do a Colorado thing when you're up here. Also I have pex tools if you need them.
Can you arrange warmth & dry weather?

Don