Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Different seller. Nomadic Neophyte purchased it from SLACKER who purchased it from 86Scotty. Poor van needs a forever daddy!
Who purchased it from someone in Long Island. I got all that from browsing the old posts. I really like the van and as it's coming to Atlanta soon and I'm along the way in Alabama, would be interested if I could identify why a $5,000 price increase is justified.

Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:43 PM   #12

I believe 86Scotty did some additional work for the new owner after he purchased it.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:42 PM   #13

Fishingman, it does have seatbelts in the back (i just have them tucked away) but I'd suggest an RB50 style front facing for the little ones. Good luck!

Yes as everyone stated I have put money, sweat, and love into this van since ownership. Slacker was looking for a quick cash sale, hence the discount. We actually spoke about how the van was worth much more but he had a sweet Vanbulance project underway. Anyone who has experience with this van knows it could easily go for 40K. I think 37.5K is a fair balance for what it's worth, what I put in, and getting Rusty a new (hopefully permanent) home. If anyone wants to delve into the pricing discussion more I'm happy to chat about it. My number is listed. Thanks for the interest!
Nomadic Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #14

Well jeez guys I might have a trade I have to take. Just got this email...love me some craigslist:

Would you consider trading for:

Persian rugs from 1800's...they range from 30k-70k each....They are professionally appraised and one of a kind...they go up in value very year....Will make it way worth your while...
Let me know

Thx
Old 09-26-2016, 05:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic Neophyte View Post
Fishingman, it does have seatbelts in the back (i just have them tucked away) but I'd suggest an RB50 style front facing for the little ones. Good luck!

Yes as everyone stated I have put money, sweat, and love into this van since ownership. Slacker was looking for a quick cash sale, hence the discount. We actually spoke about how the van was worth much more but he had a sweet Vanbulance project underway. Anyone who has experience with this van knows it could easily go for 40K. I think 37.5K is a fair balance for what it's worth, what I put in, and getting Rusty a new (hopefully permanent) home. If anyone wants to delve into the pricing discussion more I'm happy to chat about it. My number is listed. Thanks for the interest!

Thank you for the candid response. It's good to get it straight from the source. I'm ignorant in the SMB ways and only know what I read. As a future one of these days owner I'm just striving to understand them and not just get sucked in by the cool factor.

I've been looking for more info about towing capacity online, but haven't found solid Sportsmobile specific numbers. How well does yours handle a trailer and what kind of weight will it pull?
Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #16

Anytime Eagle, this forum and many of its members coached me through the process whether they knew it or not. I plan on doing my part

Cool factor I know plenty about my friend, constant internal struggle with these things. Rusty ranks VERY high on the coolness scale. I'm actually losing some cool points and going high top now. I will say on that topic, as a newbie, that you learn VERY quickly when living and camping in one what you need, want, and what looks cool. All very different items.

Rusty is very strong with the towing capacity. Actual numbers I can't help as much. Maybe 86Scotty can chime in. What I can say is that with the 350 frame, added leaf springs, and RIP kit..sag and handling are well taken care of. Another advantage is the supplemental airbags, so you can always stiffen the ride with the air compressor. Lastly, the Reunel bumpers are steel and the hitch receiver is built into the bumper (rear only). Exact numbers I'm not sure but I think that takes the towing capacity much higher than your typical undermount receiver. That's one of the big reasons I went with it (motorcycles and dirtbikes, not trailers). I think that was Slackers intention as well. Hope that helps!
Old 09-26-2016, 07:35 PM   #17

Yes, this is the same Rusty which I sold a few months ago for $32K....with some (free as far as I know) work done by a generous forum member thrown in after the sale......minus one of the 100w Solar panels.........Capitalism at it's finest!.......just my 2 cents.
SLACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:28 PM   #18

New canvas

Hi Nomad...good luck with the sale!........Did you get the new penthouse canvas installed that I included in the sale btw ?
Quote:
Thanks guys, yeah I'm getting progressively sicker to my stomach about this. Anybody know how to afford 2 SMB's haha. I was thinking of keeping it and renting one but that defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Fishingman, feel free to call or text me friend. I'm out and about all day but happy to chat. Pics and CL link below.
SLACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:54 AM   #19

Garage
I will be the first to offer $32k cash including the new tent and extra solar panel!! I was interested last time but missed out.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #20

Quote:
Rusty is very strong with the towing capacity. Actual numbers I can't help as much. Maybe 86Scotty can chime in. What I can say is that with the 350 frame, added leaf springs, and RIP kit..sag and handling are well taken care of. Another advantage is the supplemental airbags, so you can always stiffen the ride with the air compressor. Lastly, the Reunel bumpers are steel and the hitch receiver is built into the bumper (rear only). Exact numbers I'm not sure but I think that takes the towing capacity much higher than your typical undermount receiver. That's one of the big reasons I went with it (motorcycles and dirtbikes, not trailers). I think that was Slackers intention as well. Hope that helps!
The van has a Reunel bumper which is rated to tow 20k I was told. I think CarringB or one of the older forum members who bought this bumper when they were in business might be able to verify that. The van itself is not rated for that I'm sure, though. I think the van is probably rated to tow around 10k. It may be more. I'm sure the numbers on a 95 RB e350 cargo with a full float rear axle and a 7.5l are around. NN can provide the vin and maybe a vin decoder than give us the exact number. My answer to anyone who ever asked
is that it will pull pretty much anything you put behind it.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote