Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #1

Amp running boards

I have a set of amp electric running boards. One long one for the passenger and one shorter one for the driver side. I’m thinking of selling but not really sure what they are worth. I think I’d prefer to get the aluminus black tube running boards. Is this a bad move? Any idea on how much I could get for the amp running boards?

Surfvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #2
tlg

Garage
Having had both I’d stick with the AMPs. Much better traction when wet especially on the barn door side (wet aluminum is slick). Out of the way when not in use. And the led step lighting is a nice touch.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:32 PM   #3

Pm me if you want to sell
pinsx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:35 PM   #4

Also interested if you plan on selling.
Byzantine51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byzantine51 View Post
Also interested if you plan on selling.
I’ve had quite a bit of interest, maybe 6 or 7 people but I have no idea on price. I really don’t know the value and was hoping to get some guidance.
Surfvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #6

I'll just add my thoughts about amp running boards, in case you guys interested are wondering about real-user experience: I love mine! They retract up high for excellent ground clearance when driving, and they lower so far down below where a regular set of step bars would be that it makes getting in and out no more difficult than a set of stairs. Of course, everything electronic and motor driven can incur it's own issues (like the time the wiring in one of mine corroded due to water intrusion, had to track it down and do a splice, no big deal, but during that time when I was climbing in/out the van without it, I really gained a new appreciation for how nice they are), but the electrical circuit of the motors are protected by a breaker that would trip in a deep water crossing. As for contributing to this thread... I don't know what a reasonable price would be.